Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

CASES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASES

Can anyone recommend a company for a worthy roadcase for the Vdrums? I looked at the pic of the Roland case on this site and it looks very nice... and compact! I called a music store and I'm not sure if they were talking about the same case, but I mentioned a case by Roland and they said that they've had problems with the plastic cracking. Anyone have any experience with this?

Are there any other companies making a customized case for the Vdrum system?
    Sim

I know of no other hard-shell case, but Beato Bags (Fred Beato) makes a custom set (3 bags) for the Vdrums, TD-10 and rack. Nicely padded, re-inforced, well designed straps (carry the rack and all hands-free), costs less than Roland's - works great for me. Guitar Centers should know of them, as does West LA Music.

Comment

I've had the Roland case on backorder for the last month and a half!!!

------------------
      --
      -Brian Leach, [email protected]

Comment

I just received a reply from zzounds (http://www.zzounds.com) and they have the Roland V drum travel case in stock for $399.00 and they are offering free UPS ground shipping.

Comment

My short but sweet travel case review is now online...

http://www.vdrums.com/reviews/vcase.html

------------------
          --
          -Brian Leach, [email protected]

Comment

I received my 3pc Beato Bag set for my V drums last week and I think I'll be happy with them. They cost $279.00 plus NY sales tax and shipping. I could've gotten the Roland travel case for only $85.00 more, but was not sure if it would fit in the back seat of my car, as I have to put the rack in the trunk. The Beato bag is a nice piece having one large tubular bag which holds all the tom pads and cymbal pads very snugly and has padded dividers. The rack has it's own bag and the smaller bag carries both pedals, and the brain. The rack bag has a large zip open pocket to hold the cymbal arms. So far I'm pleased.

Comment

I received my Beato bags today and they look very nice. Others have already described the bags, so all I'll add is that they look like they'll provide plenty of protection for my Vdrums. $279 seems to be a fair price for the set.
              Sim

Comment

HI:
                I'M A DRUMMER THAT HAS RECENTLY PURCHASED THE TD-8 ROLAND V-DRUMS. IN RESPONSE TO YOUR WANTING TO KNOW WHERE A GOOD DRUM-CASE CAN BE CUSTOM MADE TO YOUR SPECS, PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT:

[email protected] PS: I'LL GIVE YOU ALL THE INFORMATION I HAVE WHEN I GET YOUR E-MAIL.

THANKS YOURS SINCERELY:

TOM CRUICKSHANK
                600 ASHDALE PLACE
                THUNDER BAY ONTARIO, CANADA
                P7E-3M6

Comment

I also have the 3-piece Beato Bag set and they are nice. Granted, they are not hardshell cases, but they are well padded. I originally tried to get the Roland case but got tired of waiting for Roland to supply my local Mars and Guitar Center so I went with the bags, I am very satisfied with them.

Comment

Unitec makes some good looking stuff.....http://www.unitecproducts.com/

Erik

Comment

My experience with the Roland case has been less than positive. Within a few weeks of purchasing my first one, TWO of the handles had popped off (and no, they case wasn't overloaded - just drums, brain and hi-hat pedal). One handle breaking off resulted in the entire case falling down about 15 stairs. Then, the retractable handle jammed open and I couldn't close it.

Luckily, the case DOES seem to protect the drums well, since the drop didn't seem to cause any damage to anything inside.

So it took a year for me to get Roland to replace it. The finally did, and the new unit looks like the handles are better but the case simply doesn't close well with the drums in it - I have to force it closed.

I have not (nor ever will) use the stand bag that came with the hard case since I use Gibraltar racks. it's still in the plastic wrap, so I have no feedback on this portion of the case package.

The hard case itself really isn't roadworthy. Sure, it's nice, but for the $500 or so you will drop on it, you can get better protection with Rubbermaid and padding and a small Pelican case for the brain.

- Hans
                      - Hans

Comment

Working...
                      X