Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAVORITE STEREO RECORDINGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAVORITE STEREO RECORDINGS

I LOVE TO PUT ON A PAIR OF HEADPHONES AND HEAR A RECORDING THAT'S MIXED FROM THE DRUMMERS PERSPECTIVE. HI HAT PANNED LEFT, RIDE PANNED RIGHT, HI TOM RIGHT THERE AT 11 O'CLOCK. I WAS BORN A DRUMMER, THAT'S THE WAY I WAS INTENDED TO HEAR DRUMS. IT DRIVES ME NUTS TO LISTEN TO A RECORDING THROUGH HEADPHONES THAT IS FROM THE AUDIENCE PERSEPCTIVE (HIHAT PANNED RIGHT.) I WAS WONDERING IF THIS IS SOMETHING ANYONE ELSE PAYS ATTENTION TO, AND IF SO WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE RECORDINGS W/ DRUMMERS PERSPECTIVE? FOR EXAMPLE CHECK OUT CHRIS LAYTON WITH STEVIE RAY VAUGHN ON "LITTLE WING" FROM 'THE SKY IS CRYING' ALBUM. SOUNDS LIKE YOURE ACTUALLY SETTING ON THE DRUM THRONE!
    ALSO, DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY MAJOR LABEL RECORDINGS MADE WITH VDRUMS?

HEY, WHAT ABOUT LEFT-HANDED DRUMMERS, OR PEOPLE WHO PLAY WITH A NON-CONVENTIONAL SETUP? YOU'RE NOT FORGETTING ABOUT THEM, ARE YOU?
    Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

WELL ACTUALLY THIS IS ONE ASPECT WHERE LEFT HANDED DRUMMERS ARE LUCKIER THAN RIGHT HANDED BECAUSE MOST STEREO DRUM RECORDINGS ARE FROM THE AUDIENCE PERSPECTIVE.

Comment

I have never notice..is this a joke?
        Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
        Presonus Firepod
        Reaper
        Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

Dear Bonzo,

If your healthcare insurance will cover it, why not have your ears switched surgically?
          Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Hey Bonzo,

99% of recordings the drums mixed from the drummers viewpoint (HH at left, FT at right) . . . you've just got yout headphones on the wrong way around!

Andy
            TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

In the interest of maintaining my esteemed reputation, just for the record: I am BarryBonzo, this topic was started by BONZO. No relation, OK?
              Thank you and now carry on with your topic.

Comment

WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING? HAVE THEY BEEN LISTENING TO TOO MANY STEREO RECORDINGS TOO LOUD???
                Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by barrybonzo:
                  In the interest of maintaining my esteemed reputation, just for the record: I am BarryBonzo, this topic was started by BONZO. No relation, OK?
                  Thank you and now carry on with your topic.
                  I'd like to complain about people who hold things up by complaining about people who complain... ;-)

Stu,
                  who's seen way too much Monty Python in his life
                  "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

I have to disagree with you on that one Stu.........there is no such thing as too much Monty Python.

“We are the drummers that say VEE!!!”

------------------
                    szvook
                    Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
                      I have to disagree with you on that one Stu.........there is no such thing as too much Monty Python.

“We are the drummers that say VEE!!!”

True, BBC America's showing 2 episodes a day. I'm in heaven!

Stu

V-Drum Curry?

Comment

Originally posted by mcconaghy:
                        True, BBC America's showing 2 episodes a day. I'm in heaven!

Stu

V-Drum Curry?

You lucky $#@!& @#!*&*

I got all of the Flying Circus shows taped but I can find the $%$^& thing!!!!!!!

I got all of their films but I miss the shows and I have not seen any broadcasted here for a while.

****e’

------------------
                        szvook
                        Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:

You lucky $#@!& @#!*&*

I got all of the Flying Circus shows taped but I can find the $%$^& thing!!!!!!!

I got all of their films but I miss the shows and I have not seen any broadcasted here for a while.

****e’

If my VCR was working I'd tape 'em for ya, mate.

You can always buy the DVD, they're running commercials for 'em all the time..

Stu,
                          who is still looking for Teddy Salad

Comment

Originally posted by mcconaghy:
                            If my VCR was working I'd tape 'em for ya, mate.

You can always buy the DVD, they're running commercials for 'em all the time..

Stu,
                            who is still looking for Teddy Salad

You know I have not even used my DVD player at all; maybe this will get me going to get my episodes back. Thanks for the heads up.

“A Møøse once bit my sister...

No realli! She was Karving her initials øn the møøse with the sharpened end
                            of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law -an Oslo
                            dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo
                            Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...

We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been
                            sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking
                            the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked.

The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked.

The credits have been completed in an entirely different style at great
                            expense and at the last minute.”

------------------
                            szvook
                            Studio

Comment

Regarding stereo drum mixes:

I heard that it is a difference between European and American mixes. I don't recall which is which, but I know that I prefer drummer perspective (right handed) because that's what I would normally hear.

redbrick
                              My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

Working...
                              X