Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

ddrum samples > soundfonts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ddrum samples > soundfonts

Hi all,
    It seems some people beleive the ddrum samples are superior to the TD10\exp, so I thought it might be nice to sample them and try 'em out. Since there doesn't seem to be a program for "converting" them. I thought I'd start building a soundfont from the samples on the net. But before I get any further, I thought I should ask if someones already did this either with soundfont or other sampling technology.

Since the samples seem to be mono, I'm basically converting(recording) them to wave, then doubling to R\L channels with a slightly shifted left channel for a stereo effect. Seems to be working out so far. Anyway, anyone have opinions about this?

Maybe I'll try importing them into Halion or Battery or something...see which is easiest.

Bill

A guy on ddrums.com forum posted about a software called virtual-cable or something like that. He said that this program could route the soundcard audio out to its audio in digitally. He was sampling the ddrum3 sounds to convert those samples and load'em into his ddrum3.

Go to ddrums.com forum and perform a search, you might find what Im talking about.

Good luck!
    to v or not to v?

Comment

That's right Tobi...

Snills you could also try to dump the ddrum4 samples to the midi out of your computer, then route that midi data from the out back to the in, and let a program like sound forge receive it. Now you've have the sample without any quality loss.
      If this doesn't work search for the virtual cable program.
      Music was my first love...

Comment

Got samples?

Did either of you ever finish your ddrum sampling project? I just get Battery software and would love to get some new samples for it.

Comment

Working...
        X