Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on this V-Pro purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on this V-Pro purchase

I think I may have went a little overboard with this being my first edrum set and all. I did the best I could with research and pricing. Thanks to many hours of different music websites, actual demoing, and reading lots of great posts on this site this is what I came up with:

(1) Roland TD-10 brain and TDW-1 expansion card installed

(1) Roland (1) MDS-10 Pro stand (powder blue metallic) with (2) extra Gibraltar clamps.

(1) Roland PD-7 (Hi-Hat)

(1) Roland FD-7 Hi-Hat Control pedal

(3) Roland PD-9 Cymbals

(1) Roland PD-80R V-pad

(2) Roland PD-100 V-pad

(3) Roland PD-120 V-pad

(1) Roland KD-120 (Kick Drum)

(1) Tama Iron Cobra double bass pedal (HP900RTW) w/ carrying case

(1) Roc -n- Soc Nitro (grey and black) Drum throne

(1) DW 9300 Pro snare stand

(1) Sony MDR7506 Professional head phones w/ carrying case

(1) HOSA 10' MIDI cable

All owners manuals, cables and hardware

I paid $3500 (oh my God!) and it seems to be barely used. I just purchased it from an individual via ebay and haven't received it yet. What do ya think?

Thats not bad. I am bidding on a VPro kit with TDW1 expansion and Roland case....currently at $2500.....
    Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
    Presonus Firepod
    Reaper
    Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

Steve

I asked about the one that you're bidding on. By the way it was worded I didn't know if the cables were included with the set or not. Just so you know I asked the seller and they are included. I also asked him what version of the TDW-1 he had. (See I learned something from this site.) Anyway, he said he didn't know but he would try and find out. Good luck with your bidding.

Comment

Well...I am not going any higher with it. I assume it is the original TDW1. I do like getting the Rolandcase. I am kind of second guessing my bid. I still want DDrums I think...who knows, its just a stay at home rehearsal kit. But, $2500 for a VPro with a case and a TDW1 module...its a deal.
        Presonus Firepod
        Reaper

Comment

Steve
          You actually bid on that item before. That person had it listed with a reserve price of $2750 that didn't get met and reposted it. It is a good deal with the cases though. That's the only thing that the one I bid on didn't have that I would have liked. Oh well there's always other auctions.

Comment

Did this guy say how old this kit is? It looks like I may win it. I do not think you get the bag for the Roland rack, but the case is about $400, the upgrade about $250, so if this kits in good shape....$2500 is a steal. How old did he tell you it was? There have been alot of them on Ebay lately. There is 4 days left in this auction, it may go higher....
            Presonus Firepod
            Reaper

Comment

Steve
              The ad says that he paid $5000 for it new 2 years ago. In the first ad he said he paid $4500 2 years ago. Either one sounds a little high to me but I don't know I'm new to this e-game. In his email to me he said that there are 100 or so hours on it and he bought the TDW-1 less than a year ago at a Guitar Center. He doesn't know what version it is and doesn't know how to check. I wrote him back and told him how to (via tips I read on this site). I also told him that I had already bought another set so I don't expect an answer back from him on that. The bidding on the last auction went up to $2750 and didn't meet his reserve although this time there is no reserve. So it very well may go up by the end. Good luck.

Comment

Steve
                Here's an ebay post for some travel bags.
                http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1446668677

Comment

Working...
                X