Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the attention of Marcos (AKA Marc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the attention of Marcos (AKA Marc.)

Hi Marcos!

I was just trawling through some old news stories at vdrums.com and met with pictures of your monster V-drum kit...

Damn, man, talk about having money to BURN! How'd you amass such a freaky kit? And how come you kit's in a lush shade of CREAM?! (It may just be the photo, though...)

That's still one hell of a kit!! Nice symmetry! And is that TWO TD-10 BRAINS?!

Anyway, I thought of putting extra cymbals onto my V-Session. Since you have a nice kit there, I figured you'd know most about this topic. You have enough cymbals there, I suppose?

So would you suggest I get PD-9s for the cymbals, or CY-6s? (Don't want to fork out for more V-Cymbals...)

And should I rack-mount them or mount them separately on cymbal stands? And you split one input across two pads using a standard stereo "Y" cable, did you not?

Sorry to bombard you with so many questions, but I'm still reeling from the sheer shock of seeing something I'm gonna have to work a long time to even get CLOSE to owning!!

Man, you rock!!

------------------
    "HEY! Is that my donkey you're coveting?!"
    "I do what I like, and I like what I do."

Originally posted by Electrode:

So would you suggest I get PD-9s for the cymbals, or CY-6s? (Don't want to fork out for more V-Cymbals...)

Hi Electrode. Thnx for the compliments. The CY-6's were not around when I got the V's. However, they are getting good reviews around here. I have not been in a music store since I finished up my set, so I can't comment on any of the newest stuff.

And should I rack-mount them or mount them separately on cymbal stands?

Both ways get the job done. I did not have the room enough for cymbal stands, so everything on the kit is rack mounted except for the snare and brains. If I had the set in a big enough room, I think I would prefer stands.

And you split one input across two pads using a standard stereo "Y" cable, did you not?

No "Y" cabling anywhere; except for the headphones and inputs to the amp. (And even this I am not sure is required. I just know it works.) At the bottom of the page where the pictures of my set reside you will see and overhead schematic of the kit. Each pad is noted as to which brain/input it connects to.

"Shacking" & "Grailing" may have eliminated the need for a 2nd brain but the Feefster was not around at the time, and as you cleverly assertained, I did have the $ to burn. Also, I barely have time to play the set. I cannot foresee anytime soon where I would have the kinds of time to tinker around with mods and such. If that day ever comes, perhaps I'll give it a go ; and give someone around here a great deal on a still hardly used TD-10.

Comment

Wicked. Cool.

Thanks, man!!
      "I do what I like, and I like what I do."

Comment

Working...
      X