Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using a "Non-Perverted" Beater with a KD-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a "Non-Perverted" Beater with a KD-7

This week one of the guys at church broke the "perverted" beater on the KD-7. So the music guy went and got a regular(DW) beater for the kick. Much to my surprise and delight it worked GREAT!! I think it worked better than the old "perverted" beater that came with it. The stroke is shorter I like it much better. So any one looking to try something different or that is not happy with the "perverted" beater try changing the beater for the beater that came with your pedal.

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

I never used the perv-beater for longer than 10 minutes, as it felt way heavier than my original Premier beaters, and so I used those with my KD-7s until I got frustrated and bought a KD-120. Still using those beaters, plastic side only, to avoid the white fuzzy bits in the mesh.

Stu
    "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Originally posted by Stixx777:
      This week one of the guys at church broke the "perverted" beater on the KD-7. So the music guy went and got a regular(DW) beater for the kick. Much to my surprise and delight it worked GREAT!! I think it worked better than the old "perverted" beater that came with it. The stroke is shorter I like it much better. So any one looking to try something different or that is not happy with the "perverted" beater try changing the beater for the beater that came with your pedal.
      I'm using the normal beater that came with my TAMA CAMCO pedal.(I also broke the Perv beater.) I agree, it's much better than the perv beater, but I had to modify the pedal a little. But the stroke is longer than the perv beater in my case, but that's what I want.

Fon.
      Fon.

TD8 with PD7's, 2 KD7's (From previous TD7)
      Tama Rockstar with mix of Sabian, Zildjian and Paiste.

Comment

Uh, how exactly did someone break a 'perverted beater'? Did he run over it in a car? Perhaps he was wearing your pedals as shoes while he was leading an aerobics class? Maybe he has perversionaphobia and felt the need to put it through a meat press?
        Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

or maybe the happy kangaroo broke it...
          Fon.

TD8 with PD7's, 2 KD7's (From previous TD7)
          Tama Rockstar with mix of Sabian, Zildjian and Paiste.

Comment

Originally posted by Stixx777:
            So any one looking to try something different or that is not happy with the "perverted" beater try changing the beater for the beater that came with your pedal.
            I never used the perv-beater. I liked the weight and feel of my Iron Cobra with the existing beater... I hafta pull the beater out of the 'reversed' position to get it to fit in it's case, but that might be remedied with some case-customization.

------------------
            \oo/_ gotta find a new face _\oo/
            \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Working...
            X