Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

vcustom pad setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vcustom pad setups

i was wondering if any v-custom users out there had special setups for their kit... i was thinking of changing mine (focus on the hihats) and i thought maybe some people here have tried it. is the rack for the customs as flexible as the VPro rack for this?

knome

The Custom rack is more flexible than the Pro rack, because the snare mounts to a separate sidearm than the brain & hihat. I picked up a sturdier Gibraltar rack, but added a second sidearm on the left so it's like the Custom rack. The upper arm with the hihat is independently adjustable, so no problem with the pad placement. I also mounted a Yamaha BP-80 stick just over and behind the hihat.

Overall, the racks and mounts are quite adjustable. (Pick up the Gibraltar-style clamps for under $10 for better customization.) You can flip L-rods upside-down or front-to-back to give a wider range of placements, as well as adjusting the rack itself.

Are you having a particular problem with pad placement?

Comment

Working...
    X