Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hi-hat setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-hat setup

This topic was raised in the thread 'Pics of my V-Drum Kit' but I thought it would be nice as a new post...

How have you set up your hi-hat?

One of the things I really loved when I just got my V's was the fact that I could place my hi-hat anywhere I wanted.

I tested several positions and ended up with the hi-hat a lot more to the centre than would be possible on an acoustic kit.

When playing 16th notes on the hi-hat, it's now very easy to hit a note on the snare with my left hand... this was nearly impossible on my acoustics.

How have you set it up? Do you have problems switching from your e-kit to your a-kit?

Rob

Hi Rob,

I put my hi-hat just to the left of the snare, at the end of the rack arm (instead of putting the TD-8 at the end of the rack arm). It's tempting to put it in a more convenient place, but becuase I'm still a beginning drummer, I want to learn the mechanics of playing that I have to use on an acoustic kit. I may not be using the flexibility of the e-drums to their fullest, but to make the e-/a-kit transition easy for me, I do it this way. More experienced and accomplished drummers probably don't have this concern.

Or maybe more experienced drummers are able to get their acoustic hi-hat closer to the front of their snare than I can. After breaking down and repositioning the acoustic kit recently, I was able to get my hi-hat from a 9:00 o'clock postion (relative to the snare) to about 10:30 postion, and still reach the pedal easily. This is probably the positioning I should have been using all along. Oh well. That's ignorance for you.

Comment

Working...
    X