Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change cross-stick???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change cross-stick???

I'm using TD-10-EXP, please tell me how to change the cross-stick sound on the snare (PD120), I got all three sounds (snare, side-snare ans cross-stick) but I only be able to change the snare and the side-snare sounds.
    Please help. I wanna change the cross-stick sound. Thanks.

Studio

Comment

I believe that the cross stick sound is determined by the snare that you use. I don't know if you can change it. It has a note number I am sure, so maybe you can change it that way. Is the cross stick part of a percussion group? I will have to look into this, but I believe that it was discussed earlier in some forum when the TDW-1 first came out.

------------------
      Ted H.
      www.tocsinrocks.com
      Ted H.

Comment

Originally posted by Stixx777:
        I believe that the cross stick sound is determined by the snare that you use.
        Correctomundo. Roland knows what's best for you . What you hear is what you get.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Before we come down too hard on Roland, at least we have the x-stick/rim shot feature. It is mysteriously missing from the DTXtreme which is one of the main reasons I passed on getting one.

Comment

Ddrum lacks the 3 way snare sound too, but I ain't missing it.
            Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by cliff:
              Before we come down too hard on Roland, at least we have the x-stick/rim shot feature. It is mysteriously missing from the DTXtreme which is one of the main reasons I passed on getting one.
              Actually I'm not one for Roland Bashing and said that tongue in cheek. I prefer their rim x-stick sound to those assigned separately to other pads, but when you use them, you have to 1)play with finesse since you can inadvertantly trigger the cross stick during regular playing and 2)you have to home in or your trigger settings just right to avoid missed hits. I was able to accomplish this with my home kit, but the Pro's I play at Church seemed finicky and I finally assigned a crosstick sound to an auxillary pad.
              Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

When I played my expanded V-Pro kit I was somewhat frustrated with the inaccuracy of the x-stick. And like MPCman said, the ddrum4 doesn't allow for snare rim shot and x-stick at the same time. The trade-off I have found is that very limitation avoids the false triggering or missed hits I frequesntly got with the V-Pro x-stick sounds. But with practice and tweaking the settings, it seemed to work okay. But I didn't care much for the looks I got from the fellas when I advertantly triggered a x-stick sound where it didn't belong
                E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
                A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

Working...
                X