Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Favorite TD-10 Kit designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite TD-10 Kit designs

My V-Drums will be arriving next week. I was wondering what your favorite kit set-ups were for natural sounding Rock/Pop/Metal stuff. Please be as detailed as you like.

Thanks in advance.
    http://www.mp3.com/Omegatopher

Originally posted by Omegatopher:
    I was wondering what your favorite kit set-ups were for natural sounding Rock/Pop/Metal stuff.
    Natural sounds? Did you buy the TDW-1 expansion card as well?
    Robert

Comment

My V-Drums will be arriving next week. I was wondering what your favorite kit set-ups were for natural sounding Rock/Pop/Metal stuff.
      Try out Rosewood, I use this one some with minimal "tweaking". The kick drum and hat sounds I have replaced, but otherwise, not bad. Also, Rocker, with similar tweaking is a decent starting point for a large sound.

Comment

Yes, I got the expansion board.

I got the purple concert set plus V-Cymbals with an Iron Cobra double bass pedal. Also two of the concert set cymbal trigger pads (forget what they're called).

What did you replace the kick and hat sounds with? Please excuse--I'm not a drummer.

Comment

What did you replace the kick and hat sounds with? Please excuse--I'm not a drummer.
          Actually, when I first got my V's, I just moved a hat sound from another kit that had a hat sound that I liked. The same with a kick sound. After a few days of getting over just playing, I began tweaking the sounds. Now I have some kits that are based on factory kits with minor swap outs and adjustments and others that are real hybrids and products of lots of experimentation.

Your thread started out asking about
          (I think) favorite kit set-ups for a Rock/Pop/Metal type sound. I know you said be as detailed as you like, but I chose to suggest a good starting point, especially as you are just getting your V's. Sound is really subjective, and what sounds good to me, may sound like crap to you, or may not be at all what you're after.

There's little sense in suggesting you input a ton of settings just to see if once you do you like a kit that someone here has created. An hour or so of getting all the settings in, and then maybe you hate it.

My suggestion is try all the presets and find one close to what you're looking for. One of the ones I mentioned might be a good starting point if they sound good to you. Then start messing with the settings. (You can always reinitialize the unit over and over until you're comfortable with setting, saving, etc.)

That said, I have't really answered your question. But I'll do as I did before...suggest. Maybe take the hat sound from the "Studio" kit and copy it to one of the two kits I mentioned. It will sound different in each one because there are different global effects on those kits. I like that hat sound in general and/or you can always tweak it some.

For a kick, try the one (choosing from the available kick sounds) called "Meat" to start. Again just a suggestion. Also, there are a few threads on this site where people talk about their sounds (use Search) as well a utility you can use with the proper interface and a computer, to share and swap kits, etc.

Enjoy.

Comment

Thanks.

It's going to be another week now before i get them. I ordered them from Midwest Percussion and they have the whole set except the upright kick and they won't ship them until they get that 1 piece. I argued today that they've had my money for a MONTH and they should ship that piece later. At least I could get started. The guy "Brian" hung up on me. A_S_S_H_O_L_E_S!

Comment

As Yogi Berra once said: "It's Deja vu all over again!" --- I Ordered a bunch of new Red V-Pads from them (MW Perc.)also and .... 1) they charged my credit card the next day, but knew they would have to 'order them' from Roland...and they did not notify me that they were never in stock... 2) I got three of the four pads about two weeks later, EXCEPT the KD-120, which they said "would be arriving in a few days"...OK. 10 Days later still no word from them. Called and also was HUNG UP ON ! Of course I cancelled it ( had to beg them since they kept on telling me: "I don't know about this, we have to get it approved by the boss". promptly ordered it from from ZZounds.com, for the same low price. Had it here in four days.

Comment

Working...
              X