Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drumless mp3`s uploaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drumless mp3`s uploaded

UPDATE: I`m sorry, but my account has been suspended. Please look further down this thread.

vandal

Hi

I have uploaded 10 "drumless" mp3 songs to www.myplay.com (see http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000811.html )
    There are some free converters on the net to convert mp3`s to .wav files so they can be played in a standard CD-player.

To log in:
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Password: vdrum

Go to locker. You can listen to the songs before downloading. And, please sign out when you are leaving!

Enjoy

vandal

[This message has been edited by vandal (edited June 23, 2001).]

SWEET. It worked perfectly. Great idea to host them there. Thanks, this is just what I was looking for. I can't wait to burn these and get playing. Thanks again.
    :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by vandal:
      I have uploaded 10 "drumless" mp3 songs
      Vandal - Thanks for posting these! I'm surprised that it wasn't an ongoing, successful product. Was the CD originally accompanied by sheet music (still available??) or was it just used to enhance ones jamming skills? Appreciate the time you took...Howard

Comment

Drummersdad
        When I spoke to Musikkforum they told me that the CD series was discontinued and that they only had a handfull of copies left. I bought my copy when they where selling them out and it wasn`t accompanied by sheet music. The text on the sleeve says "listen to the music, lay back and groove". The CD cover is printed in norwegian, and the norwegian market is quite limited (There are only 4 million of us )

vandal

Comment

Vandal,

Many thanks! I just downloaded all 10 successfully. These songs are great for practicing... so don't expect any posts from me the next couple of days... I'm busy

Rob

Comment

Vandal! Hey man, you really came thru for the gang here. I too downloaded all 10. I've only listened to the 1st 2 and they are not bad at all. A welcome relief from the module's patterns. I'm sure to like the rest.

Hey, I ran into a guy who plays guitar with another dude and he gave me a bunch of mp3's of them just jammin' w/o drums! The music reminds me of those extended sessions common amongst late 60's era San Francisco bands and distorted pre-DSOTM Floyd. (Should I be surprised? We're about the same age and in North Bay).

-Marc.

-Marc.

Comment

Vandal,

Thank you very much, you're a smasher!

Alex.

Comment

Vandal your account has been suspended ...damn I should have downloaded them all .

------------------
                ~REDMAN~
                ~REDMAN~

Comment

The account is suspended. Could someone post them on a web cite? Thanks.

Comment

Hi

I have contacted myplay.com, but I haven`t received any answer yet. I suspect they didn`t like that several people where accessing the same account at the same time. Some people just don`t have any sense of humour
                    I spent last evening searching for an alternative ( Don`t worry, I`m "stuck" on an oilrig in the North sea, and I don`t have much else to do in the evenings here ), but most sites that offer free file storage are either limited in space or they have a time limited trial period. I will keep on searching, but if anyone else knows about a site/ftp server that can host these files, I`ll be happy to upload them again.

vandal

Comment

Too bad you just could not set up your system as an FTP server. I set mine up as such for some of the local musicians I am currently involved in projects with. It is easy but most ISP's frown upon this due to potential "bandwidth abuse". Only in the 21rst century would we come up with such a silly phrase!

Just a thought...

OBTW: Missed all those tracks you uploaded. Maybe next time.

If you would like to upload to my FTP server here is the information...

Address vdrummer.no-ip.com
                      user: vdrum
                      pass: vdrum
                      port: 21

This will be available for a short time. Put the new tracks into the Incoming Tracks folder. There are two directories in that folder, one for MIDI files and the other for MP3's.

Only 25 users at a time. Must be MP3's. Guitar, drums, bass, whatever.

Download some of my drum tracks if you like and upload your own. Make certain to set the MP3 ID3 tag correctly with your name as artist (of course).

[This message has been edited by Cyberjam (edited June 24, 2001).]
                      Kelly Mercer
                      Halifax, Nova Scotia
                      Canada

My Youtube Channel!
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/VirtualMP3Studio

My "home studio" webcam!
                      http://virtualmp3studio.ww.com/

Comment

Cyberjam - Looks like some kind hearted soul uploaded the 10 mp3's as well as a bunch of drum midi files to your "incoming tracks" folder. Let me know if you were able to retrieve these. Is there any way for members of the group to use a browser to retrieve the files or do they have to use a real FTP client like I did, ie something like ftp://vdrummer.no-ip.com/id=vdrum,password=vdrum or some such phrase in Netscpae or IE??

Comment

Drummersdad,

I'm not 100% sure, but a link like:

ftp://vdrum:[email protected]

should/could work...

Rob

Cyberjam, I also took the liberty of downloading some of the goodies

[This message has been edited by Pleiadian (edited June 23, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiadian:
                            a link like:

ftp://vdrum:[email protected]

should work...

Rob
                            Very smart Rob...worked like a champ. Now, an FTP client is not necessary for those than want to download only. Go to incoming tracks folder. In Explorer, right click on the file and use "Copy to Folder". In Netscape, right click and use "Save Link As". Netscape even gives a welcoming message from Cyberjam. Very cool. Not sure about the Macintosh. The mid files are ones I've collected from others (all public domain I believe). Many are drums only and play beautifully through the TD-10. My kid plays along with them. Howard

Comment

Thanks guys!!

vandal

Comment

Working...
                              X