Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Suggestions for added depth using Mackie SRM 450?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for added depth using Mackie SRM 450?

I just added a BBE Sonic Maximizer (model 482) which GREATLY enhanced the sound of my V drums through my (one) SRM 450. Now I'm hooked on getting an even better sound live (small clubs). My only mild gripe is that the toms still sound a bit "flat" and lifeless..they dont seem to have as much ring and musical tone as they do through the headphones...Any thoughts on the "next step" for a better live sound? Thanks all.

I don't know much about sound processors, but never compare a live sound with a headphone sound. The latter is always better since the speakers are close to your ears and loud speakers, amps and mixers in a sound system (even when they are integrated in one powered speaker) always colour the sound.
    Robert

Comment

You could try messing with the EQ on your module. Some extra high-end on your toms would probably fix the problem, although you'd be better off with an outboard EQ and mixer, I reckon. On the SRM450, you can try different combinations of "low cut" and "contour", or just simply crank up the volume. It always sounds better loud -- sometimes completely different. Also try putting the monitor on a stand, or away from the corner of the room, and make sure the horn has a direct line of sight to your ears.

The BBE looks to be a great investment -- that might just be my next upgrade. Do you have an outboard mixer too, or do you just feed the signal through the BBE and then straight to the monitor?
      Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Working...
      X