Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-10 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-10 Demo

Whenever I've been playing my Pros for a while and start imagining that I'm great again, all I have to do is just press the two demo buttons and listen to the drumming there.
    Dzanybody know who the drummer or drummers were that Roland used for that?

It's some mighty tasty playing.

- The VDrumber

Uh.....one--ee--an'--uh--too--ee--an'--uh...

I think they sequenced the demos. Also to demonstrate the full capabilities of the Vdrums (f.i. dynamics)
    Robert

Comment

When I've seen Steve Fisher play he's put together some pieces that sound very similar to the Roland Demo's.

My guess is that he was either involved in their creation or he's learned them since. Either way, he was getting very close.

Putt is probably right though.
      Andy
      TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

What?!
        So nobody actually knows?
        What, you guise arent' that impressed?

I would email Roland and ask them but their website doesn't have any links to email addresses that I could find.

- The VDrumber

Originally posted by Oz DrumR:
        ..My guess is that he was either involved in their creation or he's learned them since. Either way, he was getting very close.
        Putt is probably right though.

Comment

The td 8 demo is live, ecept for one song.

------------------
          td 8,
          pintech pads,gibraltor rack mackie SRM 450 AND srs-1500, yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals
          The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Originally posted by vDrumber:
            Whenever I've been playing my Pros for a while and start imagining that I'm great again, all I have to do is just press the two demo buttons and listen to the drumming there.
            Dzanybody know who the drummer or drummers were that Roland used for that?

It's some mighty tasty playing.

- The VDrumber
            From the TD-8 user manual:

The drums played on the demo songs (except "ANALOG" [#3]) were played in real time into a sequencer with the TD-8 syestem and not programmed into a keyboard or quantized afterwards.

The demo song composer is Scott Tibbs, who has performed and conducted with, among others, the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, Dizzy Gillespie, "Bill Cosby, Jerry Seinfeld"...?!

Oz DrumR's hunch is correct. The drummer on the demo songs is Steve Fisher, Percussion Product Manager for Roland Corporation US.

I agree, the demo songs are pretty damn crazy. Fisher has fantastic speed and dynamics, if the claim that the playing was not quantized is true. Many of the patterns also feature dynamics I just can't get in my playing (yet!), but I assume those are all quantized.

A fun thing to do is record a fairly fast pattern with, say, 16th note quantization, and listen to the results. I got a very staccato beat with quite interesting dynamics, nearly impossible to play in real time.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Chuck:
              ...The drummer on the demo songs is Steve Fisher, Percussion Product Manager for Roland Corporation US...
              Wow! Thanks a lot for that, K-Chuck! Mystery solved...Steve Fisher is awesome!

- The VDrumber

Comment

Working...
              X