Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have 1 AUX jack left...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have 1 AUX jack left...

What's the best pad to buy to add strictly to be used for percussion? I have the TD-10 and would prefer something where I could assign 2 different sounds. Is it my understanding that the Yamaha BP-80 needs 2 open jacks to work? If thats the case, what can I use? I currently use a PD-9, but it's not the easiest thing to use when using the rim as a second sound option.
    Thanks!

Originally posted by Tully:
    What's the best pad to buy to add strictly to be used for percussion
    This is pretty subjective. Any dual zone pad would work. I would go by where you want to place it and the type of response (feel) you want. If you are looking at price, there are some very inexpensive options. I am thinking about adding a pad for percussion sounds too, and am leaning towards placing it inside the toms about the kick trigger (like where a cowbell, etc. might be found on an acoustic set). I'm considering a dual zone dingbat pad because I want it to feel more like a cowbell or other (non-head) percussion instrument. These can be picked up relatively inexpensively although I haven't fully researched the cost of a mount to put it where I want it to go.

Comment

Thank you Dr.

But, does a dual zone dingbat pad require 2 jacks or one? I too am leaning towards a bar more than a pad...

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X