Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use the buttkicker gamer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use the buttkicker gamer?

I saw it for today's stupid deal of the day where they take $20 off for a new unit.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

its going for $100 and free shipping today. Is it any good for e-drums?
    Dave
    Sonic Orb Studios
    My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a
    Roland TD-6V module which runs MIDI to Superior Drummer 2

It appears to me that the Buttkicker Gamer doesn't have the necessary power which is available from the more expensive models (based on comparisons in the following thread, not personal experience):

Buttkicker equipped drum throne - AWESOME!

Bruce

Comment

hmm...oh well its not worth the price than.

thanks for the link
      Dave
      Sonic Orb Studios
      My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a

Comment

I have it, and for just a little bit of feel it works. If you want it to rattle your cage though, forget it. I only bought mine because there was a rebate and with an amazon.com new CC it only cost me about $20 when all was said and done. So there was little risk.

It definitely adds to the experience. However it's only powerful enough to run for bedroom practicing and it's pretty much maxed out. If there was a way to mount it directly to the seat instead of the post it would prob be better. I tried a few different ways, but on the post sitting on the leg braces seems to work best.

If you can justify the expense, the one intended for pro use is the way to go.

Comment

Click here I have worked very hard to create the perfect studio Tranducer set up..

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21291

Comment

Nice setup. I thinki remember seeing that post a while ago but could not get it in a search.

thanks, ill look into that.
            Dave
            Sonic Orb Studios
            My Youtube

Comment

Dave,

If you have an old amplifier you can try this for a cheap solution

Comment

Working...
              X