Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Yamaha BP-80 Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha BP-80 Stick

Hi, has anybody used this? I have the TD-10 and am looking to add a pad to use for percussion intruments. Has anybody done this? I currently use a PD-9, but hitting the rim for the second sound is not always the easiest thing to do. The stick seems like a much better way to go.
    For anybody that uses it, does it sound equal to the other Roland products? Also, how do you mount it on your stand? I have the V-Session Set. Thanks!

Originally posted by Tully:
    Hi, has anybody used this?
    Use the search feature, plug in bp-80 and you should get at least 5 threads. Coincidentally, one of them is from "Wilmington", DE.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

The BP-80 works great, plug'n'play, comes with its own rack mounting clamp (adjustable vertical bar & clamp toold the stick). It uses 2 piezo inputs (plugs right into the Aux 11/12 on the TD8; dunno about the TD10). Sensitivity and rebound are fine, and crosstalk is not a problem. I use mine mounted above and just behind the hihat, where it handles cowbells, woodblocks, handclaps, and other assorted percussion sounds. Every V-drum kit should have one IMO! $^)

Comment

Hmmm, I only have AUX12 available. I wonder if I can use a "Y" splitter??

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, I used one with a "y" splitter cable...I eventually returned it - mostly because I just wasn't generally impressed with it.
          E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
          A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

I don't think so. The BP-80 has 2 separate piezo triggers; I don't think even the Shack trick would give you the equivalent of 2 separate triggers on one input, independent of force. Is there any other single input that you could give up?

Comment

Forget the BP-80. You need to get a dual trigger with a piezo/fsr combination. I use a PD-7 mounted to the left of my hi-hat. Turn your sensitivity up a little. It triggers great. I used to be under the impression you had to hit the rim and pad simultaneously for the rim sound but that isn't the case. You can hit the rim by itself and it triggers great. The pad mount isn't that expensive. Check a recent thread on B-class goods or look for used if price is an issue.

No offense drmoze, but he's looking for two sounds from one input. This would seem to be the most simple answer. It doesn't have to be a PD, but a piezo/fsr trigger would make life simple.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited June 21, 2001).]
              Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000029.html
                Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

Working...
                X