Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Drumless music anywhere??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drumless music anywhere??

Hi, is there a place to buy CD's of popular songs with the drum tracks deleted? Is there even such a thing? Would be good practice for the V-drums.

Thanks

Have you tried looking in Amazon.com? CDNow? CDUniverse? TowerRecords? etc. etc.

Comment

Dave Weckl has a few CD's done that way.
      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Hi

In 1997 a company called Musikkforum here in Norway released a series of CD`s called "Jam-a-long" that contained music minus one instrument. I bought the "minus drums CD" and it contains 10 different songs in various styles. I talked to Musikkforum today, and they said that they did not promote these CD`s anymore. I then asked if I could post the songs on this CD as mp3`s, and they said that it was OK. So, if anyone (Maybe Vdrums.com?) has any space for ten mp3`s, I can start converting the songs and post them this weekend. For those who didn`t know, mp3 files can be converted back to standard .wav files and played in a regular CD player.

Vandal

[This message has been edited by vandal (edited June 15, 2001).]

Comment

Thanks! What were the 10 songs? Anything good?

Also, I am a newbie, so I have no idea as far as posting the songs on here, maybe somebody else will know.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi

I think the songs where written for this CD (i.e. no songs you have heard before). Actually there is no singing on them, they are all instrumental. The other instruments (guitars, bass and keyboards) are all played by some local studio musicians and the production is actually quite good. The song represent different styles, (rock, jazz, funk, latin etc.) and are imho excellent for practice.

Vandal

Comment

Vandal,

I'm very interested in that "Jam-a-long" CD! I can't really help you with hosting them, but I sure want a copy

Rob

Comment

I would also love the get in on this. Anyone have an ftp that we could use to up some of these?
                :rolleyes:

Comment

I too am interested.

------------------
                  Reverend Poppy
                  Reverend Poppy

Comment

Working...
                  X