Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sample Uploading to V-drums?! Eh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sample Uploading to V-drums?! Eh?

Excuse me, but I'm a newbie to this board, gonna get my V-drums on Tuesday 19th June -- My birthday!! (Sorry, gotta tell the world, even if they don't give a hoot!) ^_______^

I'm getting a V-concert kit with PD-120 and V-cymbals (don't know which ones yet).

I've heard a lot of talk about sample uploading. What is it, and can you do it with the V-drums? How quick is it? How much memory does the V-drum unit have for user samples? Is the memory capacity upgradeable? Aaaaaagh! etc. etc. etc.

Please? Some help here for an inexperienced soon-to-be V-drummer?

Someone pleeeeeeeeeeze give me the lowdown!

*ahem* OK. I'm leaving now...

------------------
    "HEY! Is that my donkey you're coveting?!"
    "I do what I like, and I like what I do."

Ah, the sample download question again. Putt, if you please........

P.S.: Make sure you tell him about MPCman's Terry Bozzio samples ......

[This message has been edited by Mick Wade (edited June 15, 2001).]
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Can't do it with Roland V's, can with the Clavia's ddrum.
      http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000876.html

------------------
      szvook
      Studio

Comment

You need one of the following, Ddrum (slow), a sampler (any), a sample playback synthesizer (OK for drums, better for keyboards:see sampler) a Forat F16 (old). My advice is a drum module, much easier than any sampler, they generally give you enough options to cover just about any style. There's more than just the sounds, there's also playability, don't obssess about the sounds, they're all 16 bit or equivalent and they all sound very good. If you've ever played 8 or 12 bit machines, you'd know what I'm talking about, trust me.
        Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Working...
        X