Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only 1st note of pattern sounds when in tap mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 1st note of pattern sounds when in tap mode

Midi question.
    I'm interested in trying to create and play a sequence pattern in "TAP" mode.
    I managed to record a bass line into my TD7, and could trigger this pattern from an assigned trigger using the "LOOP" and "ONCE"
    TYPE of pattern. However when set to "TAP"
    I can only trigger the 1st note of the Pattern(!). However, when I connect an external MIDI module, I am able to step play the sequence, ie all subsequent notes in pattern with subsequent hits. I've already checked the manual and can't figure out why yet. Can any of you tell me how to fix this?
    Fon.

TD8 with PD7's, 2 KD7's (From previous TD7)
    Tama Rockstar with mix of Sabian, Zildjian and Paiste.

The problem went away after messing around with the Global Performance Parameter called KFWpitch. It was set to "00" and I changed this value to +100 cents. According to the manual, this value determines how the pitch of the instrument changes when the note number increases or decreases from the KFWnote, which is the relative reference note.

Thus when I was getting this problem earlier, it was actually playing all the notes in the sequence pattern, but playing all at same pitch.

Fon.

TD8 with PD7's, 2 KD7's (From previous TD7)
    Tama Rockstar with mix of Sabian, Zildjian and Paiste.

Comment

Working...
    X