Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Pintech hyperhat - mine SUCKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pintech hyperhat - mine SUCKS

Well, my pintech hyperhat performed fine for about the first 3 months. Eventually it started to miss trigger,not trigger or start making all the different sounds (open, closed, heel splash) at the slightest shake of my foot. I was able to correct the problem by lowering the board angle, but eventually the problem would return forcing me to lower the board yet again. And now, I'm as low as I can go and the pedal works like a piece off S*&T!

Anybody had any bad experiences with the Pintech Hyperhat? Any suggestion?

I 'd much prefer to fix the problem my self than ship the bloody thing all way to South Carolina from Vancouver.

I thought I might check with you all before contacting Pintech.

Thanks, John

------------------
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal labotomy

I believe you may have already had a frontal labotomy. You seem unaware that you have posted this message twice. As rus told someone else, once is enough. We see you wherever you post.

Comment

Hey BLACKFLY,

Just go and get a Hart E-Pedal. Pintech basically tried to mirror the Hart pedal anyway and did not do a good job at that. Peter Hart had the “pleasure” and saw the Pintech pedals at the recent NAMM show and it made him laugh. He said he approached them and wanted to point out a few flaws in their pedals (regardless of the fact that Pintech were trying to copy his pedal very hard), but they just turned up their noses and went about their business.

------------------
      szvook
      Studio

Comment

Thank you ARRIGUY, and please forgive me that I have so offended your sensiblities.
        Of course you had the option of ignoring my second posting, but I suppose the life of a simpleton is so dull that you couldn't resist.

------------------

Comment

You're very welcome. Anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFLY:
            Thank you ARRIGUY, and please forgive me that I have so offended your sensiblities.
            Of course you had the option of ignoring my second posting, but I suppose the life of a simpleton is so dull that you couldn't resist.

Ok, that's enough you two! Let's break this up right now. I want Paul and Blackie to apologize to each other right now. Can't we all just get along?

Comment

I told him he was welcome. What do want, kiss and make up?
              PS Netcop...I know who you are now.

Comment

Originally posted by Arriguy:
                I told him he was welcome. What do want, kiss and make up?
                PS Netcop...I know who you are now.
                shhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Hello Blackfly... the Pintech Hyper Hat has gone through a few transitions in design.. Which design do you have?? Earlier versions with the metal wire going into the switch box had some problems. The newer versions ise a plastic strip. There is a regular slide switch inside the box. If you do not want to ship it back to them, you could possible pull it apart and inspect it.. However it may void out your warranty... just be very careful with it...

Other than that, you must contact Tony at pintech - 800-445-0506.

Erik

Comment

Thanks for the # Sep. I'll let you all know how it turns out

Comment

Pintech is definitely a "work-in-progress" but it is SO nice for Roland to have some price/technology competition. SEP has a great point. Pintech makes version changes all the time - which reassures me that they are responsive to customers and that they have their thinking caps on. The lifetime warranty is the saving grace (as is their liberal application of it). I've had nothing but positive experiences and I'm personally rooting for them to succeed. Howard

[This message has been edited by Drummersdad (edited June 09, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                      X