Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

I need an experienced V-drummer advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need an experienced V-drummer advice

I m buying V-Custom soon, perhaps anyone feel like help me with some good experienced advice,
    as a matter of fact there are some changes I going to make,
    Love to hear yore comments .

Well, the basic will be V-Custom set,

1.Instead of the 2 PD-7 that supposed to stand for cymbal Ill take the new CY-6 (the new cymbal comes with the TD-6 model, I played it in the srore and it is mach more real than the pads)

2.replace the KD-80 with a cheap KD-7 Im playing single pedal any way

3.Im not sure it is necessary to have mesh-head for all 3 toms, perhaps Ill take 3 duel trigger rubber pads around the same price.

4.Is it just me or this set is missing a ride ?? - way not adding a CR-15R (Will it work properly with the TD-8 ?

Dose the TD-10 worthy fore this price difference ???

Soon to be a V- drummer . D-bass

Originally posted by D-Bass:

4.Is it just me or this set is missing a ride ?? - way not adding a CR-15R (Will it work properly with the TD-8 ?

Dose the TD-10 worthy fore this price difference ???

The CR-15R will work with the TD-8 but you will not get full proper function with the 3 zones without the TD-10exp.

The TD-10 vs. TD-8 question is one of lots of debate. You should try both models if you can and decide for yourself. Of course if you want to get the benifits of the TDW1 expansion, you should consider a TD-10.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Bass:

2.replace the KD-80 with a cheap KD-7 Im playing single pedal any way
      You shouldn't discard the KD-80 only because you play single pedal. The KD-80 reproduces a normal bass drum both in layout and in playing (although you'll need to adjust to the excess of bouncing). Instead the KD-7, a.k.a. "Perverted beater", is completely different. In my case it was hard to adapt my playing to the inverted beater and I still have problems with it. It just doesn't feel natural.
      I suggest you to go to any music store and try it first.
      Pierre.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Bass in several topics:
        I m buying V-Custom soon, perhaps anyone feel like help me with some good experienced advice, as a matter of fact there are some changes I going to make, Love to hear yore comments .

Soon to be a V- drummer . D-bass
        Here's a comment... this is a busy message board read my hundreds everyday... post your question in one topic... someone will see it.

"What, I'm not allowed to have a bad day?"
        ------------------
        \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited June 06, 2001).]
        \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Originally posted by rus:
          Here's a comment... this is a busy message board read my hundreds everyday... post your question in one topic... someone will see it.

"What, I'm not allowed to have a bad day?"
          Escuse me. Scuse me please. Aren't you the guy that was giving away unauthorized TD manuals? Just what did you think you were doing? You are right. This board is read by hundreds. And some of them may be cops! I'm on to you too mister. Just who do you think you're messin with? You better watch your back buddy. I'm everywhere. And lighten up on the new guy too.

Comment

sheesh.....

like other people give a **** what Rus does in other topics. The man has point, at least I think so....

[This message has been edited by MPCman (edited June 06, 2001).]
            Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman:
              sheesh.....

like other people give a **** what Rus does in other topics.
              [This message has been edited by MPCman (edited June 06, 2001).]
              Besides that, I never said anything about distributing anything... but I might start handing out big cans of whoop-a55...

another bad day.
              ------------------
              \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited June 06, 2001).]
              \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NetCop:
                [B] Escuse me. Scuse me please. Aren't you the guy that was giving away unauthorized TD manuals?

I Have absolutely no idea what r u talking
                about???!!!! bat, Have a nice day any way...

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by D-Bass:
                  [b]
                  Originally posted by NetCop:
                  Escuse me. Scuse me please. Aren't you the guy that was giving away unauthorized TD manuals?

I Have absolutely no idea what r u talking
                  about???!!!! bat, Have a nice day any way...
                  Everyday is a nice day when you're a Net Cop!

You sound like a law abiding citizen. I'll spell it out for you.

Originally posted by rus:
                  Besides that, I never said anything about distributing anything... but I might start handing out big cans of whoop-a55...

another bad day.
                  "I might be able to help you out... I am currently digitizing a Professors personal library so I have access to a cutter, a HUGE scanner and everything I'd need to make this happen... I'll look into what it will cost to have it rebound and if you'll send that and maybe shipping I could do it.
                  contact me off the group at:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

rus"

GUILTY AS CHARGED! You're going to fry bub.

Juice up the chair. You're going to the smokin section.

MWAHAHAHAMWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Man, How I love my job!

Comment

Is it just me ...or is NETCOP making a total ASS of himself now

------------------
                    ~REDMAN~
                    ~REDMAN~

Comment

It's sad to see how this forum (not only this topic) is slowly turning into messy, out of topic, flamming battles.

Going back to the original question, I strongly suggest to buy either the KD-80 or if you have more $$$ the KD-120. You could consider other products like Hart etc.

Pierre.

Comment

Originally posted by redman:
                        Is it just me ...or is NETCOP making a total ASS of himself now

Not only that, fine citizen, I believe he is an imposter. Our officers would never conduct themselves in such a manner. Do you know, "NetCop", that it is a crime to impersonate an officer of the law? You make a mockery of the NetForce. You DISGUST me. Don't let me catch up with you, mister! I've got a cyber cell all measured up for you already.

Comment

But, but, they gave me a badge and a hat. When I told them how much I love donuts, they said I was a natural for this position. How dare you accuse me of being an impersonator!

Comment

IGNORE MODE ON
                            Music was my first love...

Comment

Working...
                            X