Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

V Session owners-any regrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V Session owners-any regrets?

I'll be picking up my Session kit in about 3 weeks. Has anyone bought one and regreted the investment? You've been awfully quiet around here. Speak up!

Originally posted by cliff:

I'll be picking up my Session kit in about 3 weeks. Has anyone bought one and regreted the investment? You've been awfully quiet around here. Speak up!
    I am a possible future buyer and would like to know the same. HELP!!! Convince me why I should give up my Acoustics for a V-Session?

Start Young, Play Hard, Rock On!!!

Comment

If you need c nvincing maybe they are not for you ,you either like them or you don't . If your worried about keeping up with the next best thing don't buy anything because you will regret it in some small way. Nothing is perfect .. ..just use the tools that are available when they are available if that makes any sense... ...does anything I said make any sense

Good luck with your choice

------------------
      ~REDMAN~
      ~REDMAN~

Comment

Ií am sure you lads will come across a lot of reasons why you should get edrums, but consider this one - the amount of sounds you get and the many different drum kits you can have at your fingertips. That was my primary reason for the need of my edrums. The edrums & the module(s) will require some tweaking in order to dial in to good kits with good sounds and that is not that hard.

------------------
        szvook
        Studio

Comment

Who says you have to give up your acoustics? Does a guitarist give up his Ramirez for a Les Paul? The only reason I can see as valid for giving up acoustics is your budget, in which case I'd wait a little and save a bit more before buying electronics.
          Let's see, how to convince you.... hmmmmmmmm.... how's about 100+ different drum kits, not only that, you can save 'em on a small memory card too anbd carry them in your pocket. Try that with acoustics.

Stu
          "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Dude,

Agree with mcconaghy here, who says you have to give up your acoustics??? Just set them up "in the round" or mix 'em and have fun like Bruford and company. If i had a choice of one OR the other it would be a hard descision as sampling is fun... or as Kraftwart says:

"It's more fun to compute"

"i program my home computer
            Lead myself into the future"

"boing, boom chak"

Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin
            http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Comment

PS: i have the V-Session and the main pet peeve so far is that i can only choose 50 sets and NOT have ALL 100 for **immediate** access.

Enjoy the music,

Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin

Comment

You guys are right. I've told myself and thought of all the things I could do with the flexibility I would have with edrums. What is stopping me is the 5 bills it will take to get them. My thought is that I would sell my acoustic set once I had the edrums dialed in and put them through the test of live playing. I hesitating more on the dollars though. Even my wife says go for it! Any body want to buy a set of Tama's?

Comment

fredinator - Would it help if you could cut the cost down from 5 bills to 4? See the post below for a sub $4,000 price on teh V-Session Kit. Just passing on the info I saw. http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000473.html

Comment

Hey fredinator,

Just one other item to add, this is just a consideration to save a little $ - at first.

A Roland module and other manufacturers pads/cymbals - if you are happy, stick with the combo. This way you will get a chance to find out what edrums are about. If not, upgrade later on. But at least you might save some of your initial investment and give the Vís a test ride at your leisure.

There are a lot of post in this forum about various combinations with Roland Vís and other pad manufacturers. A search should yield some informative results.

------------------
                    szvook
                    Studio

Comment

Originally posted by Husker:
                      fredinator - Would it help if you could cut the cost down from 5 bills to 4? See the post below for a sub $4,000 price on teh V-Session Kit. Just passing on the info I saw. http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000473.html
                      YO Husker! I don't know where this person saw this but the wholesale music site has the v-session kit priced at $6295!!! And music123 has it at $4995 like the rest of the internet shops. If anyone got a v-session set for $3,999 I would be surprised!
                      Any clues?

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
                        Hey fredinator,

Just one other item to add, this is just a consideration to save a little $ - at first.

A Roland module and other manufacturers pads/cymbals - if you are happy, stick with the combo. This way you will get a chance to find out what edrums are about. If not, upgrade later on. But at least you might save some of your initial investment and give the Vís a test ride at your leisure.

There are a lot of post in this forum about various combinations with Roland Vís and other pad manufacturers. A search should yield some informative results.

Yes, I have considered the Pintech triggers with a TD-10. I have never played on a Pintech Comcast Pad so i hate to buy something I have never played before. I just like the complete v-session set combo like you said. Like the v-cymbals and all! What an awesome setup!

Comment

fredinator,
                          I beleive BPM Music is selling the V Session for $4200. Give them a try www.bpmmusic.

Comment

Hi

Just thought I'd chip in.

My primary reason for buying edrums was to enable me to practice without worrying about neighbour snipers. I'm still here, they work.

But since I bought them I would have to say that the BEST thing about them is just the ease with which they can be recorded - a friend comes over with a guitar or bass, we plug them into the four track, and pow.

Incredible convenience, hassle free noise.

Judster.

[This message has been edited by Judster (edited May 03, 2001).]

Comment

Juster,

>>...Incredible convenience, hassle free noise.<<<

Agreed BIG time. Remember the days of needing my own 16-ch mix board to THEN send to FOH/MIX for "small" gigs. Like carring all the drums to gigs (and the sound checsk, the mic setups, the...) wasn't hastle enough...

Enjoy the music,

PS: Another cool thing is the ease of which we can now use basic home computers and a decent sound board (like a Digigram) and record to hard disc and then burn CDs to send to friends.
                              Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin

Comment

Working...
                              X