Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Bring me up to speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring me up to speed

Anyone have any suggestions on the quickest way for a newbie to get up to speed? Interested in patches, kit expansion. Have no midi experience. Currently have a V-Pro set with first generation TDW-1. Thanks.

Do you have a manual? If so, read it. Read it while sitting at your drums and try out various functions yourself. That was the best way for me to learn. Read it, do it, learn it. You have to get the basics into your memory because you can't be referring to the manual between songs if you have to make adjustments while playing live. Pick a kit you don't like and start building a custom kit over it. Once again, the best way to learn the ins and outs of customizing is to do it. I start with a sound in mind that I want to acheive and then start looking for the basic sounds that come close, then tweak them them for tuning, effects, muffling etc.

It sounds like you are looking for quick fixes but you need to learn this stuff yourself anyway. Jump in, it's not that hard. One word of caution on building custom kits. If you are going to be playing live, you have to make your tweaks through the sound system. Settings adjusted through the headphones are never as they sound through a good PA. Good luck, and have fun.

Comment

Or do what I do: Pick your favorite set, pretend they're acoustics and bang away!

------------------
      Reverend Poppy
      Reverend Poppy

Comment

Working...
      X