Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did I get 3 PD 120s if only one at a time works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did I get 3 PD 120s if only one at a time works?

I read that if you want to get rim sounds out of the dual trigger PD-120s, you have to have them plugged into the input for the snare. Well, why did I pay for and receive 3 dual trigger pads if only one works at a time? That really stinks. Is there a way to get other sounds to the rims of my toms?
    B

THere's no easy way to do it. There are many posts here, quite in-depth, about ways to get around this limitation. 'They' call it the Holy Grail of Vdrumming. Try a search on this site - the search button is small, but it's there somewhere - above and to the right.

Thing is, it shouldn't require any effort really - it must just be that Roland are purposely limiting the kit. Bummer.

Judster

[This message has been edited by Judster (edited May 13, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by brandonwardell:
      Well, why did I pay for and receive 3 dual trigger pads if only one works at a time
      Since the snare position is the most frequently struck trigger, think "tire rotation". See? Now wasn't that nice of Roland?

-----------------------
      -~

Comment

Well, except for an extra black 'R' printed on the shell and small black knobs on the end of the lug bolts, the 8" single and dual trigger pads on the Customs appear identical. Haven't had a problem with it....

Comment

Working...
        X