Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did my other 50 kits go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did my other 50 kits go?

I recently installed the TDW-1 that came with my new Session set, but when I did, the original 50 sets were replaced by another 50. I found out that they are still in the TD-10, but they are not available from my jog dial without exchanging them. Is there a way to get all 100 sets to be available at any time without having to swap from bank to bank?

b
    B

No, sorry.

Comment

With the TDW-1 installed only 50 kits can be reached. The old 50 kits are in a kind of shadow memory and can be recalled but then you need the copy it to one of the actual 50 kits.
      Robert

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
        With the TDW-1 installed only 50 kits can be reached. The old 50 kits are in a kind of shadow memory and can be recalled but then you need the copy it to one of the actual 50 kits.
        But the answer to his question is still "no".
        Only 50 "dialable" kits at a time. End of story.

------------------------------
        -~

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
          But the answer to his question is still "no". Only 50 "dialable" kits at a time. End of story.
          True. Can't get around that - but the latest version of Vkit for expanded TD-10 (see Vkit forum) lets you save 100's of modified kits individually. Then with a couple of clicks in software you can bring up any saved kit faster than the TD-10 menu. And, even better, old kits can then be saved in modified form to a filename, which the TD-10 "shadow" memory didn't allow you to do. I use TD-10 dial position 10 as my garbage location. I send kits there to play and/or edit - then send them back out to software under a unique name for future use. So in other words, I use kit position 10 as my "volatile" garbage dump site. Of, course, if you create a masterpiece drumset, it can be sent to software and then from software to a "permanent" place on the dial other than position 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Drummersdad:
            True. Can't get around that - but the latest version of Vkit for expanded TD-10 (see Vkit forum) lets you save 100's of modified kits individually. Then with a couple of clicks in software you can bring up any saved kit faster than the TD-10 menu. And, even better, old kits can then be saved in modified form to a filename, which the TD-10 "shadow" memory didn't allow you to do. I use TD-10 dial position 10 as my garbage location. I send kits there to play and/or edit - then send them back out to software under a unique name for future use. So in other words, I use kit position 10 as my "volatile" garbage dump site. Of, course, if you create a masterpiece drumset, it can be sent to software and then from software to a "permanent" place on the dial other than position 10.

But the answer to his question is still "no".
            Only 50 "dialable" kits at a time. End of story - the sequel.

------------------------------
            -~

Comment

Working...
            X