Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Any multi-instrumentalists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any multi-instrumentalists?

Anyone play anything other than percussion? And do you make one-man band demos? Just wonderin cause I can't get a friggin' band together, and that's what I'm doin right now with drums/bass/guitar/keys.

------------------
    My drums, y'all...
    "Get out there and rock...
    and roll the bones...
    GET BUSY!"
    substrike.com for a better tomorrow - today!
    My Drums
    Tama Rockstar Acoustics, Zildjian and Wuhan Cymbals, Roland SPD-20, Roland PM-16, Akai S2000 w/Iomega 250 SCSI Zip, 2 Pintech Silentech Pads (one single zone, one dual zone), Kat F.A.T. Pedal, Pintech K3, Simmons pads.

I am a farily competent "rhythm" guitarist, can get ideas across on bass, and likewise keyboards. I cannot sing however

Comment

I'm a fairly competent singer (I think, but this is very subjective matter), play a little bit of keys and guitar, and of course drums and some percussion. I do my best to record multi-wise. Working on a song this weekend that I've got some ideas for. I'll let you know if it ever gets posted.

I posted this a while back -take a listen: www.kevingilbert.com/FromHereToThereBlades.mp3
      Just a cover I did recently...no vdrums, but interesting nonetheless.

redbrick
      My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

Put me down for keyboards and back-up vocals.

-Marc.

p.s. Just remembered, I can play Cream's Spoonful on a bass guitar. Does that count?

Comment

I can play bass and keys. I just wish I had a few extra arms

Comment

Hey brick, I like the characteristics of your voice. You have a good midrange, even some highs going for you . Most male singers have a more limited and deeper range than you, methinks. Stupid (covertune) lyrics, I think you'll admit. But keep singing, quit (J/K)drumming, & refine that voice, laddy!

------------------
            What you say!!
            -Alex. & Me V-Drums: http://www.zing.com/album/?id=429276...ulation_page=Y
            Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

Yep....I do ALL of my own recording in my home studio. Vocals, Guit, Bass, Keys and Drums. I love working on my own, and I just don't have the time to do it with others (play music that is you pigs )
              :rolleyes:

Comment

A few years ago I played the trumper for about 3 years, I've played keyboards for 2 years or something(maybe I'll start doing that again) and I play the drums for like 3 years now...

wanna play the bassguitar too
                Music was my first love...

Comment

Do people ever get a few people together and exchange WAV files back and forth and do multitracking?

What I mean for example... a drummer makes a track... sends it to a guitarist who adds something. .sends it to the bassit. .etc..

anyone ever do something like thaT?

Comment

UMCP_Matt...

Check this link to a discussion currently "In the Studio" about this exact thing.
                    http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000059.html
                    My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

Keyboards, flute and just started playing Chapman Stick.

Stu
                      "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

I plays a damn good sweet tater harp, can cover on the jug and warsh board if need be.

No really, I'm a pretty competent bass player (Steve Harris kicks butt in my book). Trained in mallet also, but its been awhile. Tried to sing once too .

Comment

I'm the drummer(duh)/lead singer in our group.I also play rhythm giutar on 2 songs on stage,and write songs with it as well.from high school, I learned to play sax(both)trombone,tuba,and xylophone.
                          thank god for the school music programs,I'm sure thats why I'm alive today.

Comment

Bonus round, glad to hear it, everyone.

Redbrick, I heard the song when you originally posted it; I think I posted something, but if I didn't:
                            -it's a really cool song
                            -great voice
                            -production is rockin'! (I love how the percussion sounds so distant)

Beatnik, yes yes, Steve kicks ass, and Geddy too!

------------------
                            My drums, y'all...
                            "Get out there and rock...
                            and roll the bones...
                            GET BUSY!"
                            substrike.com for a better tomorrow - today!
                            My Drums
                            Tama Rockstar Acoustics, Zildjian and Wuhan Cymbals, Roland SPD-20, Roland PM-16, Akai S2000 w/Iomega 250 SCSI Zip, 2 Pintech Silentech Pads (one single zone, one dual zone), Kat F.A.T. Pedal, Pintech K3, Simmons pads.

Comment

Hi all:

Two things --

1. I play keys, make soundscapes/treatments and sing, but (v-)drums are my true passion! Check the thread in the Suggestions section on "Anyone really using MIDI" to see details on how I'm using the v-drums to trigger images, animations and video in real time onstage.

2. >>Do people ever get a few people together and exchange WAV files back and forth and do multitracking? What I mean for example... a drummer makes a track... sends it to a guitarist who adds something. .sends it to the bassit. .etc.. anyone ever do something like thaT?<<

I've been collaborating with Will Sergeant of Echo & the Bunnymen for some time, also with Colin Newman of Wire from time to time. He's in the UK and I'm in Boston. We send 128-bit stereo MP3s back and forth, unpack them to AIFs, drop them into a sequencer and go from there.

I had been sending tightly edited drum loops in this fashion, but we've discovered that since MP3 is a lossy compressor, it nicks a few crucial nanoseconds off the file, rendering it useless as a loop. So this technique only works for complete works. For loops, we're relegated to AIF and Stuffit (or WAV and ZIP, depending on your religion).

best,
                              FBC

FRANK COLEMAN
                              octoped wannabe
                              BENTMEN
                              http:// www.bentmen.com

Comment

Working...
                              X