Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

How many surf in numerous times while "working"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many surf in numerous times while "working"?

Just out of curiosity, to see how many others here are just as counter-productive as I am... During the day I am an engineer... I almost always have this board up throughout the day... I have developed an ultra-fast response to the sound of my boss appproaching - and click!!!! Up comes my SolidWorks model and away goes vdrums.com... as soon as he leaves - click... up comes vdrums.com and down goes work... It is just plain wrong I tell you...

Erik

Originally posted by sepdrums:
    Just out of curiosity, to see how many others here are just as counter-productive as I am... During the day I am an engineer... I almost always have this board up throughout the day... I have developed an ultra-fast response to the sound of my boss appproaching - and click!!!! Up comes my SolidWorks model and away goes vdrums.com... as soon as he leaves - click... up comes vdrums.com and down goes work... It is just plain wrong I tell you...

Erik
    At my office, I am the boss and its up all the time. I find myself reading posts on subjects I have no vested interest in, other than learning as much as I can about my new toys. Its the best "counter productive" tool I ever used!

------------------
    RonBon
    RonBon

Comment

I am a work only Vdrum.commer. I don't have a computer at the house yet. Yeah, I know, that makes me some kind of dinosaur or something. I check several times during the day and I have to watch for my employees coming in 'cause I'm the boss, but I still don't want to get caught f'ing around on the internet because I don't want them doing it so much. I have to lead by example. Yeah right! I must admit to having some sort of strange addiction to this bulletin board. Perhaps we can start a support group, a twelve step program, to help some of us out. I have considered selling my Vdrums, but I can't because of this website. I guess Putt has an addiction too, because he can't let it go either.

[This message has been edited by Arriguy (edited April 02, 2001).]

Comment

Include me in. Work-only, no home computer. I don't really want a home computer anymore; I spend too much time as it is looking at cathode-ray tubes.

This works out all right because I used any computer-buying money on the V-drums anyway.

Include me in the 12-step program, too; will they treat Napster addiction also?

DJourg

[This message has been edited by DJourg (edited April 02, 2001).]

Comment

I knew it!!!! See - starting to come clean now!! There needs to be a warning label on this site - "

Warning: This site may be addicting and cause you to totally disregard your work. We cannot be responsible for your actions or lack thereof..."

If I caught my boss surfing this site, I might actually begin to like him... If he caught me surfing around, his foot would be in my arse...

Erik

Comment

I always have mine on. I even have this site as my default page so it comes up everytime I boot it up.
            Rob

Comment

Well I am the director of QA engineering for the software company that I work, so I can and do have the site running at all time its good to be the king!

Vdrums.com has become my home page at my house, my studio and now my laptops home page as well. I got my ears down to the ground no matter where I am!

------------------
              szvook
              Studio

Comment

No one gets out alive!

I'm guilty your honor - have mercy.

^^^^^
                -~

Comment

holy ****!

i thought something was wrong with me so i wasnt going to tell anyone...

i joined this board a few weeks back when i was "thinking" about buying a vcustom...

two weeks later i own a vcustom and spend all day reading posts instead of working.

im mad .....MAD I TELL YOU!!

-tak
                  ::T:A:K::

Comment

Hmmm. A few engineers on this forum. I'm one myself. I guess that might explain the overwhelming Peartian preference evident in a recent "who's your favorite" post. It seems that drummers who have technical minds are drawn to him. Why is that? I can certainly think of a few more expressive drummers.

Not that I don't like Neil, but the homogeneity of this forum membership is kind of wierd.
                    Cheers,

JHH

Comment

Originally posted by JHH:
                      Hmmm. A few engineers on this forum. I'm one myself. I guess that might explain the overwhelming Peartian preference evident in a recent "who's your favorite" post. It seems that drummers who have technical minds are drawn to him. Why is that? I can certainly think of a few more expressive drummers.

Not that I don't like Neil, but the homogeneity of this forum membership is kind of wierd.

I just always liked his style of playing and since I play in a live techno band, the technical aspect fits right in my plying field.

------------------
                      szvook
                      Studio

Comment

I surf way too often at work. But it's getting down right scary these days the way Big Brother can watch and track every keystoke. I'll probable get called into the VP's office some day! Let's see, I surf - in and out, drive by surfing I call it - maybe 10 minutes a day total, plus my 30 minute lunch break; while the smokers spend 10 minutes every hour outside being 'productive'. Yep - I'm the guilty one here!

Oh yeah, I read at home too - just can't get enough good info!!
                        Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

You're all fired.

Comment

Good one Boss! (Who is it - it sure made me smile!)

I too am guilty as charged.

I can even confess to having improved dexterity in my thumb and 3rd finger on my left hand - you know, for that 'quick draw' on the Alt+Esc keystroke when you here THOSE footsteps!

But I too agree, when you're sat at a PC all day, you need a short break now and again . . . .so then I do some work
                            Andy
                            TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

Love this site, surf it too much, don't care for Neil or Rush, never listen to them if I can help it.

------------------
                              \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited April 03, 2001).]
                              \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Working...
                              X