Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommended Amp for V-Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Amp for V-Pro?

I just picked up a V-Pro yesterday. I don't perform, just dink around in my basement. Sounds great through the headphones, but I'd like to get an amp so I can play for others. Nothing super special. Maybe just something that clearly duplicates the volume of an accoustic set.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

------------------
    Reverend Poppy
    Reverend Poppy

Reverend,
    I am almost afraid to answer this. There have been so many posts on this website about this subject. But.... here I go... .
    If you want to spend somewhere around $500.00 to $600.00 ... I think that the JBL Eon G2 offers the most versatility and the best sound. I own 2 Mackie smr450s, and 2 JBL Eon G2s. At this point I'm not sure why.... . But I like them both. I think the G2 has a better mixer section, and has a little more depth. Maybe because it has a 15" speaker. I think that it would be a mistake to spend $300.00 to $400.00 on something that was just OK, when I could invest a couple of hundred more in a G2 and get a tool that covers a lot of bases. On the other hand ... I havn't heard anything that cost more than $600.00 that I think is any better as far as sound, portability, convenience, and quality. I hope this helps you. If you can ... go listen to these systems for yourself. I'm only telling you what I like, after trying several things for myself.

Comment

Studio

Comment

There has been a lot of talk about sound procession on this board lately and the fact that you do need some outboard gear and a decent sound system for the Vdrums to play them live. I can only endorse this because I was never able to get a good live sound when I had the Vdrums. On the other hand I heard a few drummers play the V's on a huge Public Address and it sounded great.

So, do you need to carry along a full PA? Perhaps not. If the sound system you want to have has enough head room and good speakers it will probably do the job as well. One tip: the number of watts is not important. The output (decibels) measured at 1 meter is.

For the rest: go out and listen yourself.
        Robert

Comment

I would recommend picking up a good used JBL EON 15PAK. They are going for $300 plus on EBay (Originally $600 plus). It's got great volume and flexibility for what you are wanting to do. I have used my 15PK for over a year with no problems, but am ready to move up to 2 - JBL G2's as my band is doing more live shows.
          Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

My amp is just for my studio work mostly. When we play a large venue with a big sound system, I do bring my Crown-K2 amp to drive our signal to the house board for a really strong, clean signal with a lot of punch, especially to the V-drums. But other venues I only rely on my outboard rig and tweak it coinciding with my 16-channel VLZ to match the house sound system.

Works like a charm.

------------------
            szvook
            Studio

Comment

Working...
            X