Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Recommended Amp for V-Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Amp for V-Pro?

I just picked up a V-Pro yesterday. I don't perform, just dink around in my basement. Sounds great through the headphones, but I'd like to get an amp so I can play for others. Nothing super special. Maybe just something that clearly duplicates the volume of an accoustic set.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

------------------
    Reverend Poppy
    Reverend Poppy

Reverend,
    I am almost afraid to answer this. There have been so many posts on this website about this subject. But.... here I go... .
    If you want to spend somewhere around $500.00 to $600.00 ... I think that the JBL Eon G2 offers the most versatility and the best sound. I own 2 Mackie smr450s, and 2 JBL Eon G2s. At this point I'm not sure why.... . But I like them both. I think the G2 has a better mixer section, and has a little more depth. Maybe because it has a 15" speaker. I think that it would be a mistake to spend $300.00 to $400.00 on something that was just OK, when I could invest a couple of hundred more in a G2 and get a tool that covers a lot of bases. On the other hand ... I havn't heard anything that cost more than $600.00 that I think is any better as far as sound, portability, convenience, and quality. I hope this helps you. If you can ... go listen to these systems for yourself. I'm only telling you what I like, after trying several things for myself.

Comment

Crown-K2 amp, but that could be too much $ to drop – but the output is out of this world, best professional amp available. Takes the V-drums to another level and then some !!!
      I could never play through anything else but Crown.

Sorry… I know my response does not apply here as much, but Crown amp’s (especially the K2) will blow your mind !!!

------------------
      szvook
      Studio

Comment

There has been a lot of talk about sound procession on this board lately and the fact that you do need some outboard gear and a decent sound system for the Vdrums to play them live. I can only endorse this because I was never able to get a good live sound when I had the Vdrums. On the other hand I heard a few drummers play the V's on a huge Public Address and it sounded great.

So, do you need to carry along a full PA? Perhaps not. If the sound system you want to have has enough head room and good speakers it will probably do the job as well. One tip: the number of watts is not important. The output (decibels) measured at 1 meter is.

For the rest: go out and listen yourself.
        Robert

Comment

I would recommend picking up a good used JBL EON 15PAK. They are going for $300 plus on EBay (Originally $600 plus). It's got great volume and flexibility for what you are wanting to do. I have used my 15PK for over a year with no problems, but am ready to move up to 2 - JBL G2's as my band is doing more live shows.
          Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

My amp is just for my studio work mostly. When we play a large venue with a big sound system, I do bring my Crown-K2 amp to drive our signal to the house board for a really strong, clean signal with a lot of punch, especially to the V-drums. But other venues I only rely on my outboard rig and tweak it coinciding with my 16-channel VLZ to match the house sound system.

Works like a charm.

------------------
            szvook
            Studio

Comment

Working...
            X