Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MP3's of solo on Vdrums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3's of solo on Vdrums

Hello all,

I posted two MP3's of me playing my Vdrum set at http://www.kentd.com/ . I was really testing out what it sounded like via a line-in (NOT midi) through my $12 soundcard recorded with SoundForge. Came out better than I thought, except for the drumming! Where'd that 3-arm Dennis Chambers lick go?

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has tried doing midi and using one of those auto-transcribing programs. Any good? Or do they make your buzz roll into four 16th notes?

Thanks!
    -Kent D.
    Bronskrat T. Polecat
    [email protected]

Nice work Kent! Kit sounds great. Post some more MP3's for us to enjoy! Could you play some different kits, and what drums / kits are being used. Thanks!

Comment

Hey thanks for posting the files..sounds great! This is the first time I've heard someone post something on the V's that doesn't have loads of effects on it. To my ear sounds WAY better...

Comment

Kent,

Nice work! What module did you use, the TD-10 or the TD-8?

Doug
        Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

Thanks for the kind words! I wish more people would post stuff like that. I plan on doing a lot more of that stuff and re-doing my website to focus on drumming exclusively. Maybe I'll ask for submissions to post on there? Drum solo of the week kinda thing? I could do that if there's an interest!!!
          Bronskrat T. Polecat
          [email protected]

Comment

Doh! Forgot to mention. I'm using the TD-10 with the Expansion card on the V-pro. Then I tweaked everything to death. I can list aaaaaaaaalll that stuff if anyone is really interested. I'd post the drumsets if I had a midi port on my soundcard!
            Kent
            Bronskrat T. Polecat
            [email protected]

Comment

Hi bronskrat
              Ive been looking in to those score writing programs my self.
              The best two seem to be Finale and Sibelius.
              The main problem is the way in which they handle groupings of notes ie snare and kick stems going down and hi hat stems going up.
              The way it works is that you group different parts of the kit with layers , but you cant set up presets so that the its all done for you , this can only be done with different midi channels not with individual midi note numbers.
              The only way to do it is to edit all the notes.
              You can come up with some nice looking scores but it takes a lot of work with drums scores.
              heres a link to the two relevent sites both of which have demos of the programs.

Sibelius http://www.sibelius.com
              Finale http://www.codamusic.com

Comment

Yeah, great sound without the effects and other stuff.

Perhaps a - what you call - dead sound also is less processed and easier to run on small sound systems.
                Robert

Comment

Working...
                X