Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM Pro price reduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM Pro price reduction

AMS new price $599
    Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

I've read several reviews on the DM Pro online and the one thing that everyone mentions about it is that it has a roughly 2-second load time between kits. Not a helpful feature when you're using it conjunction with a sequencer, and that effectively makes the DM Pro useless to me. Does this have anything to do with the drop in price? You betcha.....
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Made a great working pad for my Alesis D-5. Can play ghost notes now, and it triggers very nicely.
      Any one use the DM pro? Any benefit of getting one over the D-5 other than the on board effects unit? Are the dynamics better, sounds, etc? Like the rack mounting ability of the D-5. Since my snare works very good now I have a new found respect for the unit. thanks for any replies.

Comment

Ive had the DMP-RO (for a shot time) and played the DM-5. The DMP-RO did respond better than its predecessor the sound were a bit crisper and tighter. The trigger set up is similar to the D4 & DM-5.

The DM-PRO provides the user with better internal multi effects processing abilities, more sounds (about 1000 more), higher sample rate, a lot more polyphony (having 64 voice compared to 16 voice DM-5) makes a difference and you have flash cards available with the DM-PRO - for your own samples. Make sure to get the upgraded, 2.0 DM-PRO version.

The same issue was noted with the TD upgrade, it performed better. The DM-PRO v2.0 upgrade made the DM-PRO worth the money.

------------------
        szvook
        Studio

Comment

Originally posted by jrcel:
          AMS new price $599
          Then it has to compete with the TD-6. Ouch...
          Robert

Comment

Working...
          X