Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade off

I've found that due to some fairly rock-solid financial restrictions, I may have to compromise some parts of the v-custom kit and make a custom kit. I'm thinking of using three PD-5's instead of the PD-80's; a KD-7 instead of the KD-80; and possibly using one PD-7 and two PD-5's for hi hat and cymbals respectively. Are there any other alternatives? I definately want to keep the TD-8, and the PD-80R, but what should go and what should stay? Fewer pads maybe? A second and third job maybe??

Drew

Try shopping around for some used pads. Maybe you could find some on ebay. Also, look at hart pads, they are less expensive and work great with the td-8. I believe you can get a Hart chokable cymbal for around $80 or so. I think the pintech cymbals are in expensive also. I would start with a few pads and cymbals and expand as you can.

just my opinion

Kurt

[This message has been edited by rudi-mint (edited March 15, 2001).]
    Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

I'm building my own pads and using real drum shells with mesh heads. My 2 bass drums are 22 x 8" with a mesh head, works and feels great. Chopped a single bass drum into 2, then added a head etc to the second drum. The drum works excellently, but I've yet to build the toms and snair, waiting for parts. Should work as good as a store bought pad if I build it properly. Time and money is the hardest thing to come by.

Comment

Careful, Roland will send goons to your house to beat you up.
        Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions. This may indeed save me money that is better spent on University tuition! (Well, maybe not necessarily 'better' spent . . . )
          A few more questions: how do the pintech mesh pads compare to the roland mesh pads or even the PD-7's? If I were to have only two dual trigger pads (not including the PD-80R which I'm quite partial to) for hi hat and ride, which should I go for?

I'm trying to keep it all under $2000 (american)Is that at all possible?

Oh yeah, and one more thing . . . how do I avoid the goons?

drew

Comment

Working...
          X