Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

15" 400watt powered monitor "Opera"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15" 400watt powered monitor "Opera"

Has anyone tried a unit called Opera? The opera 415 is made of molded plastic, 20lbs, 450 watts, 50-20,000 hz, 126db max. Was thinking of trying it, and a Mackie and see which one works the best. Since it has the 15 it may not need a sub-woofer. Be a cost savings not having to buy a sub if it works well. My initial reaction is, since it has the 15 it may be a better E Drum monitor then the Mackie. The Opera is made in Canada (great savings for anyone living in the US). The unit is nice looking and priced approx $1100.00 Canadian. I'll let you know soon how it works. Any replies appreciated.

[This message has been edited by Zorro (edited March 09, 2001).]

Zorro: I have not heard of the opera speaker.
    don't let the fact that the mackie only has a 12 scare you; they put out as well as any 15 I've heard.

You are very wise to listen to both before buying. If the opera sounds good and is cheaper, go for it. Does the company have a website?

BTW You can get a srm450 from www.riksmusic.com for 649. Is that less than 1100 canadian?

let us know what you find when you compare the two speakers. I am very courious

Kurt
    Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

I think the Canadian $ is only worth about 65 cents U.S. So the Mackie would be about $942.50 Canadian, which is better than the $1300.00 price tag I seen on it in the music store. Will try the Mackie even though it has a 12" speaker, as it is rated for a low frequency, and it is high quality. Quoted: "BTW You can get a srm450 from for 649. Is that less than 1100 canadian?"
      Could not find a web cite for Opera. It looks like the Mackie but will it sound like the Mackie. I'll know next week when it gets the big test drive.

Comment

Zorro: One other thing to consider is the company you are dealing with. Mackie is a big company with a great reputation. So you know if you have a problem they will be there for you. The company that makes the opera may also be a good company as well, I don't know. Oh well just a thought.

Check out spides review on the mackie, he tells it like it is.

make sure you give us a review on the opera.

Kurt
        Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Working...
        X