Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Making the Switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the Switch?

I am curious. Is it just me or has anyone else had the trouble of making the switch from total acoustic to Vdrums. I have been using the v's by themselves for my more mellow gigs, and a combination of acoutics and v's for the hard rock gig's. I really want to let go of the acoustics totally but have this fear of the brain going down, or worse yet, a creeping bass drum that falls over right in the middle of a song (this is an actual reoccurring nightmare) I know I can't be the first to have these feelings. Did anyone carry their acoustics on their first few gigs. I thought I was getting into less equipment hassles and tear down time, and now I am finding it takes me twice as long to set up. Any encouragment out there?

Dan

Zilla:

It has taken me a long time to get used to my edrums. I have played acoustic drums live for 20 years. I believe that acoustic drums are much more dynamic than the edrums, but for me the edrums have many more advantages. I too worry about equipment failure, but it is possible for any of the equipment to fail, not just the drums. So I quess it's just a chance I'll take.

Has anyone ever had a problem where they could not finish a gig?

Kurt
    Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Knock on Wood.... I havn't had any failures, but that's one reason I got the SPD20. If my TD10 goes down, I can swap a few cables and use the SPD20 as a backup module. Hope I never have to, but I think I'm ready if I do!

Comment

Working...
      X