Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making the Switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the Switch?

I am curious. Is it just me or has anyone else had the trouble of making the switch from total acoustic to Vdrums. I have been using the v's by themselves for my more mellow gigs, and a combination of acoutics and v's for the hard rock gig's. I really want to let go of the acoustics totally but have this fear of the brain going down, or worse yet, a creeping bass drum that falls over right in the middle of a song (this is an actual reoccurring nightmare) I know I can't be the first to have these feelings. Did anyone carry their acoustics on their first few gigs. I thought I was getting into less equipment hassles and tear down time, and now I am finding it takes me twice as long to set up. Any encouragment out there?

Dan

Zilla:

It has taken me a long time to get used to my edrums. I have played acoustic drums live for 20 years. I believe that acoustic drums are much more dynamic than the edrums, but for me the edrums have many more advantages. I too worry about equipment failure, but it is possible for any of the equipment to fail, not just the drums. So I quess it's just a chance I'll take.

Has anyone ever had a problem where they could not finish a gig?

Kurt
    Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Knock on Wood.... I havn't had any failures, but that's one reason I got the SPD20. If my TD10 goes down, I can swap a few cables and use the SPD20 as a backup module. Hope I never have to, but I think I'm ready if I do!

Comment

Working...
      X