Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-drum newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-drum newbie

I've only tried out V-drums a couple of times and I was looking for some people's opinions on the TD-5K set and the TD-8K set. I'm just looking to play standard rock and do some recording as well. How do they perform on stage and in the studio. I'll be playing mostly rock.

From technique and sound the td-5 is a bit out-dated. Perhaps the kit is slightly usable for practicing at home...

Ofcourse, the td-8 is more expensive but the sounds, sequencer, room settings, mesh headed pads are worth it. If money is a problem: try to get a second-hand td-8.
    Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Drew:
      I've only tried out V-drums a couple of times and I was looking for some people's opinions on the TD-5K set and the TD-8K set. I'm just looking to play standard rock and do some recording as well. How do they perform on stage and in the studio. I'll be playing mostly rock.

I'm building a custom kit made up of Roland and Hart pads. I am presently using a TD-5 as my sound module. You will not want to use it for anything more than practice at home. The sounds just don't compare to the new modules. I haven't tried to trigger any Midi or other alternative sounds as I'm not that astute technically, but the standard sounds are not want you would want for anything beyond a set of headphones.

------------------
      RonBon
      RonBon

Comment

Working...
      X