Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Custom expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Custom expansion

Sorry guys. I did a search on this to no aveil. Has anyone taken their Custom kit and expanded on the rack? I would like to add a pd-120r as the snare and utilize the forth pd-80r as another tom. Also need to add the Hart ride cymbal pad with bell trigger. Is there another "rack arm" that can be added to the base kit? Thanks!

------------------
    Black
    Black

You should be able to do that with the stock rack. You can either fit 3 toms onto the main front bar (with the PD120 on a snare stand and the left arm in a 'wide' position for room) or add the extra tom to the right arm, shifting these 2 toms as close to the main rack as possible. You can add an extra cymbal pad anywhere; Gibraltar and others make nice cymbal arms with rack clamps that are quite adjustable!

Comment

I would strongly recommend putting the PD120 on its own snare stand. You can then set Threshold to 0 and Crosstalk to off. You will have great sensitivity without having to worry about false triggering. I tell you it is the best playing pad in my rig - the way V-drums were ment to be.

My pd80r is used as another tom mounted on the right rack arm, making for a 2 rack and 2 floor tom type set-up. There was also room on this right rack arm for me to fit an Yamaha pcy80s cymbal pad for my ride.

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate working this out in my mind before my Custom kit arrives this week. Greatly appreciated!

------------------
        Black
        Black

Comment

Another suggestion (along with getting a PCY80s for an extra cymbal--I also use it for my ride!): Check out the PB80(?? not sure of the number) 2-trigger bar from Yamaha. It is a horizontal bar about 12" long with 2 triggers on it. Comes with its own rack clamp and vertical mounting bar. Mine sits above and slightly behind the hihat pad, and it plugs right into the Aux 11/12 jack. Great addition for percussion (woodblocks, cowbells, etc. etc. etc.)

Comment

Working...
          X