Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Drumless MP3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drumless MP3s

Does anyone have or know where I can find some MP3s without the drumtrack so I can practice?

I've gone through the search option but couldn't find anything.

Thanks for any help
    FJMAR99

------------------

[This message has been edited by fjmar99 (edited February 27, 2001).]
    FJMAR99 --The original pimp!

Ive never come across any mp3`s myself but there are thousands of midi files out there that just require the drums (midi ch 10) to be muted to get the same sort of thing.

Comment

I've searched for that as well but didn't find anything useful.

Since I have no good midi source other that the vdrums, I play the midi files on the td-8 in gm mode and record them as mp3.

Comment

This maybe a dumb questions but I'm MIDI-ignorant. I've taken the advice and found quite a few midi webpages that will allow me to remove the drum tracks for practice. My only problem is that they have these toyish, horrible, internal sounds and I've tried running it through an external keyboard but everything still sounds horrible. Is it because I hooked everything up wrong? or because I need a better sound card?

Thanks for any help,
        FJMAR99

[This message has been edited by fjmar99 (edited March 03, 2001).]

Comment

Its the soundcard.
          Another option is ,if you just want to practice.
          Choose two of the midi channels that are the main hooks of the song and definately the bass channel (Midi ch 2 usually in smf`s)
          and remap the Program change messages and channels to a similar sound on the TD10 module and use this as your midi module instead of your soundcard.

I just noticed you said you connected it to an external keyboard , Did it sound exactly the same and did you remap midi output to the soundcards MPU 401 outputs.

[This message has been edited by e-drummer (edited March 03, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by e-drummer:

I just noticed you said you connected it to an external keyboard , Did it sound exactly the same and did you remap midi output to the soundcards MPU 401 outputs.

That maybe the problem I used the standard Microsoft Mapper (I think that's the name of it)...I'll definitely try that when I get home.

Thanks again,
            FJMAR99

------------------

Comment

Working...
            X