Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

IP:LOGGED ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP:LOGGED ????

What is this? Some kind of KGB/Gestapo/Big Brother Is Watching You scare tactic? Unless you've got a sniffer an IP alone ain't enough.

Ooops! Did I just divulge the existence of a still-classified device?

****!! I'm outta here. Time to activate my tracking .... damn! I almost spilled the beans again ...

exit,

Originally posted by Marc.:
    What is this? Some kind of KGB/Gestapo/Big Brother Is Watching You scare tactic? Unless you've got a sniffer an IP alone ain't enough.
    Marc....

I love you man, but...sometime's you're kind of a tool.

Almost all discussion boards log IP. It's done for a variety of reasons, none of which is spying on us.

A sniffer? You really have no idea what you're talking about.
    Sure, some people on here who don't know what a sniffer is or what it does might read your post and think that you have some techie knowledge, but cumon...
    Do you really know what a packet sniffer is? Have you ever used one? I'd suggest not, based on your comments.

"An IP alone aint enough?"

What is that supposed to mean?
    Enough for what?
    What do you think the people who run this board would do with your IP address and a packet sniffer?

Nothing.

Everyone knows what you're here for already...
    Leaving foolish posts like this.

BINARY

Comment

logging IP's is standard on UBB forums I think. Nobody does something with it, but sometimes it's useful.

For instance I know another UBB forum and somebody had hacked it's server. On that server were about 170 webpages which had been offline for more than 12 hours. This costs a lot of money. IP numbers could help finding the person who had done this stuff.....
      Music was my first love...

Comment

http://www.taciroglu.com/p/ip.htm

Comment

HA HA! They've played right into my trap! Now I have your IPz!!! pH34r m3! 1 0\/\/N j00!!! 1 \/\/1/_/_ h4XoR y00r g1bZ0/\/!

i'm so l337.
          ------------------
          \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited February 23, 2001).]
          \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Originally posted by BINARY:
            Marc.... blah blah blah

BINARY
            Hey! Snif this! Some terms have multiple meanings and you'd know this if you've ever worked in law-enforcement or espionage. Where do you think alot of your "AYE PEEE" terms come from?

Seriously folks, some people just don't know quality humor, even when it sneaks up on them and kicks them in the balls. I'M A FUNNY GUY, man. Relax and let up on the paranoia, no need to put the smack on Marc. w/a period. I'm just pointing out, like, what's with that text in the bottom right corner showing up all of a sudden w/o word from the admins. Some new govt. or whatever requirement? Strange that it appears after all that talk about revealing mr retailer.

Take a stress pill.

Luv you too, dude.

Snif On,

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
              Some terms have multiple meanings and you'd know this if you've ever worked in law-enforcement or espionage. Where do you think alot of your "AYE PEEE" terms come from?
              Oh, I see.

You work in espionage. How foolish of me. What the hell are you talking about?

I think that you're a strange man that more ofetn than not feels compelled to make comments about things he doesn't understand. I guess I'm not sure why your original post would be funny, maybe I have no sense of humor.

BIN

Comment

Oh, I see. You work in espionage.
                I never said that.

How foolish of me.
                You said that.

I think that you're a strange man
                I've been referred to worse, so ... thank you!

I guess I'm not sure why your original post would be funny, maybe I have no sense of humor.
                Awwww foooey.

HEY! It's ALOT better than having no sense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                <-------- funny

Comment

And we're not allowed to swear anymore either!!!

****!!!!!
                  S H I T ! ! ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                  X