Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Real Kit Convergence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Kit Convergence

Over the last couple of months I've been tweaking my "perfect" dry-ish studio rock kit. Just enough ring, just enough cut, just right. Finally I've got it close to how I want it, and I decided to have a thrash. I dug out Steve Vai's "Passion and Warfare" 'cos I hadn't listened to it for ages, and had a play-along.

The weird thing was, after playing for a few minutes, I realised that my kit IS Chris Frazier's kit! The snare tone, ring, even the pitch spread of the Toms was near perfect. The only thing different was his ride which was drier. I'd never intentionally set out to recreate his kit, and as I say, I'd not listened to the CD for ages.

Coincidence or subconscious? Discuss.

[This message has been edited by cgrieves (edited February 22, 2001).]

Originally posted by cgrieves:
    Coincidence or subconscious? Discuss.
    Coincidence. Just the opposite used to happen to me (w/my acoustics). What happened? How come no one uses Ludwig anymore?

~~

Comment

Cause Lars plays Tama?

------------------
      \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited February 22, 2001).]
      \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Don't worry; Ludwig will always have a place. My Ludwig Limited Edition Super Classic Satinwood 6.5X14 snare is still my dream drum, and gets some recording use when I'm called on to record acoustic.

-Danny
        Seattle
        -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by cgrieves:
          Over the last couple of months I've been tweaking my "perfect" dry-ish studio rock kit. Just enough ring, just enough cut, just right. Finally I've got it close to how I want it, and I decided to have a thrash.
          Oh that editing. The whole reason I put Rolands tech so far ahead of the rest!!! Isn't it great!

Had to be the subconscious kicking in. There is always those recordings that just seem to stick with you. I for example, always liked that HUGE sound Gary McCracken (Max Webster) got on Universal Juveniles. Now I've got to sit down and sort that one out.

Comment

Send your perfect kit to the rest of us. Use the v kit trans. so the rest of us can have a listen and a go at your custom kit.

Comment

Will do, as soon as the V's are in MIDI-able distance of my PC

Comment

Working...
              X