Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Expansion board or KD-120

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Expansion board or KD-120

    I have the VPro Set and I am thinking about upgrading my set. I only have so much budget to spend. Does anyone have an opinion on which component to get next, the expansion board or the KD-120 kick?

    Will the KD-80 Kick work with the v-drum set.

    If I get the expansion should I also get the memory card? I heard if I donít I will lose the changes to the stock kits I have now.
    V-Pro w/ Roland Cymbals (CY14C,CY15R,CY6), BBE 462, Mackie 1202-VLZ

  • #2
    As someone having both items, I think you get more bang for your buck with the TDW-1. It's also cheaper than the KD120. Yes you should back up your customized kits they will be lost. Also yes the KD80 will work but I still think the TDW-1 is the better improvement for your kit.

    Like all "what should I do" posts I now go back the old reliable answer that only you know what you want. Can you live with the KD7 or not?

    Comment


    • #3
      QUOTE]Originally posted by Arriguy:
      As someone having both items, I think you get more bang for your buck with the TDW-1. It's also cheaper than the KD120. Yes you should back up your customized kits they will be lost. Also yes the KD80 will work but I still think the TDW-1 is the better improvement for your kit.

      Like all "what should I do" posts I now go back the old reliable answer that only you know what you want. Can you live with the KD7 or not?
      [/QUOTE]



      [This message has been edited by drumbeat8u (edited February 15, 2001).]
      V-Pro w/ Roland Cymbals (CY14C,CY15R,CY6), BBE 462, Mackie 1202-VLZ

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for the input. I have another question. As far as backing up my kits. I use the MIDI ports to communicate to a computer and I can back up my kits there. The question is will I be able to transfer them back to the module after I install the expansion board? When I am done do I have 100 kits or 50?
        Originally posted by drumbeat8u:
        I have the VPro Set and I am thinking about upgrading my set. I only have so much budget to spend. Does anyone have an opinion on which component to get next, the expansion board or the KD-120 kick?

        Will the KD-80 Kick work with the v-drum set.

        If I get the expansion should I also get the memory card? I heard if I donít I will lose the changes to the stock kits I have now.
        V-Pro w/ Roland Cymbals (CY14C,CY15R,CY6), BBE 462, Mackie 1202-VLZ

        Comment


        • #5
          As far as transering midi kits from your computer to the upgraded td-10, I think you will be fine. Others on this board might be able to answer with more certainty.
          The answer to the "how many kits" question is pretty simple (though confusing to some before reading the manual that comes with the tdw-1)

          After the upgrade:

          You have 50 kits on the dail ready to use/abuse. This is called the "USER AREA"
          You also have 100 kits in memory that you can load into the "user area". These kits are classified as TD-10 and TDW-1 kits.
          If you'd like to take a look at the manual before you buy, contact me via e-mail and I'll see if I can help.
          ------------------
          \oo/_ _\oo/

          [This message has been edited by rus (edited February 15, 2001).]
          \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

          Comment


          • #6
            "If you'd like to take a look at the manual before you buy, contact me via e-mail and I'll see if I can help."

            Aloha rus,

            I just bought a TD10 from ebay, and am now awaiting the unit. I'm interested in taking a look at the manual in the mean time. I'm planning on getting the TDW1 as soon as I have the TD10 in hand. My email is [email protected]
            Thanks a lot
            DMPro rookie, TD10 newbie

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by drumbeat8u:
              I have the VPro Set and I am thinking about upgrading my set. I only have so much budget to spend. Does anyone have an opinion on which component to get next, the expansion board or the KD-120 kick?

              Will the KD-80 Kick work with the v-drum set.

              If I get the expansion should I also get the memory card? I heard if I donít I will lose the changes to the stock kits I have now.
              drumbeat8u

              When I decided to upgrade my set I went for the TDW-1 and then I found a KD-7 on E-bay
              for $51.00 and a pedal that matched the one I had for $27.00 and save a ton of $$$
              and that is my .02

              Comment


              • #8
                I recall that somewere in the TDW-1 manual says that a dump from a non expanded TD-10 will work and the "new" parameters will be left with default values.
                But I need to check with the manual.

                I also had the question of TDW-1 or KD-120. I choose the TDW-1 and I'm very happy I did. The sounds and improvements are great.

                Pierre.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I found a copy of the manual, it's in spanish but I'll translate:
                  1. It's ok to load data from a non-expanded TD-10 into the TD-10/TDW-1
                  2. You can use a memory card or an external sequencer.
                  3. If you use a memory card you will only be able to use the "load all" function.
                  4. Compressor and trigger parameters were completely redesigned in the TDW-1. When data from a non-expanded TD-10 is being loaded into an expanded one, the values of these new parameters are left with default factory value for the compressor and the new trigger parameters are ignored.
                  5. When you use a memory card with old non expanded data the TD-10 will show a warning message in the display.

                  Hope is clear. Suerte!
                  Pierre.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    For any of you who are wanting to expand to the TDW-1, I've got a brand new unopened card that I just haven't tried to sell yet. I acquired a package deal with pads & 2 TDW-1 cards but I only needed one for myself. If anyone is interested e-mail me at [email protected]
                    Lefty-Lo - Sounds like you're enjoying my CHEAP KD-7 pad

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Husker:
                      For any of you who are wanting to expand to the TDW-1, I've got a brand new unopened card that I just haven't tried to sell yet. I acquired a package deal with pads & 2 TDW-1 cards but I only needed one for myself. If anyone is interested e-mail me at [email protected]
                      Lefty-Lo - Sounds like you're enjoying my CHEAP KD-7 pad
                      Best $51 dollars I ever spent Thanks for a great deal

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X