Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mesh pads vs rubber pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mesh pads vs rubber pads

I currently own an old Yamaha TMX drum brain
    and rubber yamaha pads. I am thinking of upgrading to a v-drum brain. Will not using the mesh drum pads totally kill any benifit of the v-drum processor or should I take the plunge and get the whole system. I'm a guitar
    player who does 16 track digital recording and I want to improve the drum sounds (the TMX is not cutting it anymore).

The roland brain should work with the yamaha pads, but you may have to tweak the settings a bit to make it work right. It would be worth trying before you buy all new mesh pads. If the yamaha pads are not to your liking you may want to check out the hart pads. They are cheaper and trigger very well with the roland brains.

hope this helps

Kurt
    Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Working...
    X