Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

subwoofer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subwoofer?

I have a mackie srm450 and was thinking about getting another one, but thought it might be better to get the srs1500 sub instead. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Kurt

Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

The 1500 sub is an absolute killer!!! We used two 450s and a 1500 last weekend for two concerts. The concerts were in a medium sized church. The soundman had to pull down the bottom of the graphic eq (Mackie CFX 16) slightly because there was too much bottom!

For a drum monitor, the 450 would work all by itself, except in the loudest situations. Adding the 1500 sub would suffice anywhere. Adding one more 450 would be drummer nirvana.

By the way, the 1500 weighs 100 lbs. Easy carry for two but a bummer for one.

Imho, the mackie 450 and 1500 are worth every penny. I don't think there's anything better at anywhere near the price and size. Buy this stuff with confidence.

Jay
    jg52

Comment

Kurt,
      I've got 2 450s and the 1500. I love it. I think that having 2 450s would be the next step. You'll be surprised at how much fuller your drums sound. Then if you decide to sell something (like I did), and add the sub, you'll be very satisfied.

Comment

Thanks much for the input, it is very helpful. I think I will buy the 450 first, and them maybe the sub. Thanks again.

Kurt
        Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

I enthusiastically second the Mackie's.
          I have the same system for my VCustoms which is two 450's and one 1500 sub and the CRX16 mixer. I can not say enough about how this system brings out the very best in the samples on the V's. I started out with two 450's and they sounded fantastic and the real benefit for using two is being able to appreciate the special stereo surround effects that the CFX mixer puts out, also the ability to pan the drums across the mix differently really helps in the drum listening experience. As soon as the 1500 sub was available I got one and this really puts the icing on the cake and it will enable you to push the volume way up if the situation warrents it.

For the most part, you will be just fine with the two 450's for most gigs you do.

Drum on!!!
          Bruce.....

Comment

Thanks Bruce: I just ordered a second 450 from Rics music, and I also have a 12ch carvin mixer on its way. I am already saving my change for the srs 1500.

Kurt
            Kurt

Comment

Working...
            X