Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

put these on any cymbal pad and it'll fel like a real cymbal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• put these on any cymbal pad and it'll fel like a real cymbal

Cymbal Springs™: These patented cymbal holders mount on any cymbal stand. The free movement of the Cymbal Spring™ helps to absorb impact to protect the edge and center hole of the cymbal. The medium spring, which is red, is recommended for crash cymbals 16” and larger. The yellow heavy spring is recommended for China cymbals and Ride cymbals 18” and larger. http://www.aquariandrumheads.com/pro...play.asp?id=24

Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Originally posted by jrcel:
    These patented cymbal holders mount on any cymbal stand.
    Are you sure? For cymbal tilters there are 6 and 8 milimeter screw threads.
    Robert

Comment

Hate to break it to you, but these have been shipping with Hart Dynamics stuff for years. Me and my drummer love them. We had been trying to crack solid mounted cymbals for ages and the moment we got these we both hit our foreheads!

Chaps - run out and get them! Anyone who produces such a great product deserves to succeed!

Cheers

Dave

------------------
      Simmons SDX (x3), Roland TD7, Alesis DM5, Simmons pads, Hart e-cymbals,
      Simmons SDX (x2), Roland TD7, Alesis DM5, Simmons pads, Hart e-cymbals,

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
        Are you sure? For cymbal tilters there are 6 and 8 milimeter screw threads.

Putt, they are a clamping not threading device. Should work.

Comment

I've had these on all my real cymbals for years. From the way the cymbal mounts on these I don't think there would be room to get a PD7/9 pad on one, but surely the new V-cymbals should fit. The two halves come apart with a pad on each side and there is a thread that has to go back together to hold the spring together with the cymbal sandwiched between.

Comment

This topic has been done before... search "turnbuckle" to see how they are sucessfully used on PDs

BTW, I STILL need a def. on "turnbuckle"

------------------
            \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited January 31, 2001).]
            \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

A turnbuckle is one of those things you used to see on old screen doors. Opposing threads on each end and eye hooks at each end. When tightened it brings the two eyes closer together in effect tightening whatever is hooked to each end. I don't see how these could be used for anything drum wise?

Comment

The cymbal springs are designed to be used with metal(read heavy) cymbals. The polymer cymbals are too light and spring back too quickly.

Comment

Working...
                X