Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

BIG BROTHERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG BROTHERS

Does anyone else pay attention to the "members counter" .It's at almost 1000 and only a handfull of people post regularily. I could really care less who is watching but often wonder why they don't make their presence known. Even if it's only to say "HI" .
    ~REDMAN~
    Is that better ....

[This message has been edited by redman (edited January 25, 2001).]
    ~REDMAN~

Hi Redman. We just like to watch. We can see you right now. What's up with the women's underwear?

Comment

Originally posted by the other 900+ users:
      Hi Redman. We just like to watch. We can see you right now. What's up with the women's underwear?
      Hi guys. I really like your collective sense of humor.

Red: I too wish they would make their presents known. I didn't really get much for Christmas and could use a few presents to cheer me up.

What? Sorry, my wife said you meant "presence". Nevermind.....
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Ha ,ha Your not suppose to tell anyone my secret.
        ~REDMAN~

~REDMAN~

Comment

What? Sorry, my wife said you meant "presence". Nevermind.....[/B][/QUOTE]

Ooooopps , I never said I was great in grandmaer or spelling.

~REDMAN~

Comment

Originally posted by redman:
            Does anyone else pay attention to the "members counter" .It's at almost 1000 and only a handfull of people post regularily.
            Lee and Marc. have reincarnated a few times
            Robert

Comment

It's funny you brought that up because I was thinking about that just the other day. I think a few have come and gone and there are always a few newbies but it would be interesting if Brian or Eric could perhaps post a listing of all the registered users. I don't know if that's possible or not or if it may be a breach of netiquette.

Comment

Originally posted by Arriguy:
                netiquette. [/B]
                ~REDMAN~

Comment

Do you guys know The Blue Men?
                  Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Originally posted by Arriguy:
                    it would be interesting if Brian or Eric could perhaps post a listing of all the registered users. I don't know if that's possible or not or if it may be a breach of netiquette.
                    Definitely NOT a good idea! (pssst, what's the big idea? you guys trying to blow my cover? ixxnay on the listing!)

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited January 21, 2002).]
                    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

OMG... I can't stop LMFAO at those icons!!! HAHAHAHAHA! How do you guys make all that **** ?!

------------------
                      Thank Ye,
                      Alex.
                      Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

Originally posted by redman:
                        Does anyone else pay attention to the "members counter" .It's at almost 1000 and only a handfull of people post regularily...often wonder why they don't make their presence known.
                        I expect a lot of people come and go, and the moderators probably don't go through the members list to thin the ranks in the belief that some of the prodigals will return, or, more likely, it would be more time-consuming than its worth. I went through some old threads and found names like 'agent_tognitti', 'Capt Kidd', 'Ivan Rodriguez', 'Able Can', and 'Thrak' who were fairly regular posters but who I can't think of hearing from lately. Maybe they got out of electronic drumming. Maybe they had babies. Maybe they sold their computers to pay for their V's. Maybe they joined the Peace Corp.

Some people probably needed one question answered and that was all so they don't return. But they became members to ask their questions and they're still on the list.

Some people may be shy, even in this particularly anonymous medium, and may feel comfortable hanging back. The main posters on this site tend to be thoroughly knowledgable and experienced about technical stuff, music business stuff, and some of us lesser minds let you guys answer the questions and debate the issues because we really can't helpfully contribute anything in addition to the already well-informed posts.

So thank you Putt, Marc, Redman, Boingo, Arriguy, Btnk, jrcel, Sepdrums, and the many members whose names I will remember the second after I submit this post, and especially feefer, who was really cool when he sold me the TDW-1. On behalf of the Under-Achieving Vdrums.com Members, let it be known that we the silent majority appreciate your wit and wisdom. Well, mostly your wisdom.

DJourg

Comment

Originally posted by DJourg:
                          So thank you Putt, Marc, Redman, Boingo, Arriguy, Btnk, jrcel, Sepdrums, and the many members whose names I will remember the second after I submit this post, and especially feefer, who was really cool when he sold me the TDW-1. On behalf of the Under-Achieving Vdrums.com Members, let it be known that we the silent majority appreciate your wit and wisdom. Well, mostly your wisdom.

DJourg

Well put, I second that.

------------------
                          RonBon
                          RonBon

Comment

Yo Alex, try this website: smilecwm they have tons. Remember to choose "UBB Code" versions to post on this board.

[This message has been edited by Redline (edited January 25, 2001).]

Comment

Sweet-- thanks for the info redline!

Comment

Working...
                              X