Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Fader Question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fader Question....

On the faders, do they control the actual inputs, or the sounds. What I mean is, lets say you have a Crash cymbal sound assigned to your bass drum pad plugged into the bass drum input. If you turn up the cymbal fader, will that affect the sound you assigned to the bass drum?

Thanks.

-Jarek

I think I`ll also ask this, while Im at it... Is there a difference between the KD80 and the KD120 besides size? Is it really worth it to pay 80? dollars more for a few more inches?

-Jarek

Comment

The faders control the outputs not the sounds. The faders (on the td-8) should be labled by the output numbers. The cymbal fader controls output 8,9, and 10. Hihat fader is output 7, toms are 4,5,6, and 11/12, and so on.

can't answer your other question because I have Hart pads.

Kurt
      Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Originally posted by lethic:
        On the faders, do they control the actual inputs, or the sounds. What I mean is, lets say you have a Crash cymbal sound assigned to your bass drum pad plugged into the bass drum input. If you turn up the cymbal fader, will that affect the sound you assigned to the bass drum?

Thanks.

-Jarek
        On TD10 faders are linked to the inputs regardless of what sound you put through them. A snare sound put on the high hat is controlled by the HH fader. BTW, the TDW-1 improved the fader control. Highly recommend getting the exp card.

Other tidbits you're sure to ask soon:

Aux 11&12 are controlled by the Crash fader.

Speaking of Aux, you can't apply EQ or compression to Aux 11 or 12.

You can't V-edit unless you play through the proper input, i.e., V-edit Snares go through the Snare input (a V-edit Snare on the Tom input allows you to control pitch and delay only - no shells, depth, muffle, etc).

When you use the direct outs, you don't use effects cause you get bleed through (see http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000284.html Lee's post, 4/2/00, for more. There are other posts you can search).

That should make up for telling you I made the demo's.

I mounted my KD-7 kick onto a homemade upright - can't answer on the KD-80 and 120.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

thanks... one more thing, can you v-edit sounds on the Aux inputs?

Comment

Originally posted by lethic:
            thanks... one more thing, can you v-edit sounds on the Aux inputs?
            Reread the above post, You can't V-edit unless... See, I knew you were going to ask.
            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

you said they couldnt be Eq'd or compression but you didnt say that they couldnt be v-edited... but now Im assuming that if you cant EQ or use a compresser then you cant v-edit either?

Comment

Quoth Boingo:
                "You can't V-edit unless you play through the proper input, i.e., V-edit Snares go through the Snare input (a V-edit Snare on the Tom input allows you to control pitch and delay only - no shells, depth, muffle, etc)."

------------------
                \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited January 31, 2001).]
                \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Oh, I figured that since Aux's could be used for any sound, that they were V-edit compatible, my bad.

Comment

Working...
                  X