Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

How Hard Can I hit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Hard Can I hit?

Hey, Here's something I probebly dont want to test out in a store. How hard can I hit the pads without damaging them? Are they extremely fragile, because I hit fairly hard (cymbals and drums) and I would rather not be breaking pads that cost $200+. Can they withstand a pretty good beating or should I plan on lightening my touch?

Oh, btw, who made those demo's? They sounded great.

-Jarek

Originally posted by lethic:
    Can they withstand a pretty good beating or should I plan on lightening my touch?
    -Jarek
    Yes and Yes

[This message has been edited by Arriguy (edited January 30, 2001).]

Comment

Can they withstand a pretty good beating or should I plan on lightening my touch?

Oh, btw, who made those demo's? They sounded great.

-Jarek
      Well Jarek, I made those demo's. I'm glad you liked them. I gotta tell you that if you are going to accept my invitation to play my V's, you are going to have to lighten up that heavy handed sticking. Paul's answer is on target but I've not tested their limits.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000546.html

I posted the answer there... You also might want to look into playing smaller sticks. I use 5s usually but I've switched to 7s on Vs. Two benefits: 1. lighter stick = lighter strike (more or less) and 2. lighter stick = quicker movement around the kit.

------------------
        \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited January 30, 2001).]
        \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
          Paul's answer is on target but I've not tested their limits.
          Been doing a little research on me Boingo?

Comment

That was more of a general question, I do have control over my dynamics. It was more of a, how much can they take, hypatheticly type thing. Where do you live? If you wouldnt mind Id like to test out your v's if you are close by. Ill be gentle.

Comment

lethic

Word to the wise: Some have said that hitting these pads hard -- I mean the Roland PD-7/9/5 cymbal pads -- have led to wrist problems. You want to avoid that.

DJourg

Comment

Originally posted by Arriguy:
                Been doing a little research on me Boingo?
                Well, when you sign your name as Paul, I use all my roket scientest skills and conclude your name is Paul. (pssst. did I get it right?) By the way, are you still working with Arriflex 16 and 35mm motion picture cameras?
                Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Boingo, when making the demo did you use sounds from the TD-10 Expansion Card or was it a standard TD-10?

-Jarek

Comment

Boingo, when making the demo did you use sounds from the TD-10 Expansion Card or was it a standard TD-10?

-Jarek
                    Ummm, I've done a lot of demo's. Just for the record, exactly which demo's are you referring to? I wouldn't want to take credit for someone else's demo's. That would ruin my reputation you know.

Comment

The Demo's on this page....

Did you do the Jazz, electronic, fusion and/or rock?

Comment

The Demo's on this page....

Did you do the Jazz, electronic, fusion and/or rock?

You're really making me feel bad. I am constantly clowning. They are Roland samples and are in the TD-10. They are the original TD-10 samples. Since you don't have one yet, you wouldn't know. I'll use 's more often. The technical answers are straight up.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
                            They are Roland samples and are in the TD-10. They are the original TD-10 samples.

Didn't you play them, Boingo? I always tought you did for mr. Roland. What a disappointment
                            Robert

Comment

Boingo,
                              D'oh

Comment

Working...
                              X