Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

custom rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom rack

Hi everybody,

I have the v-pro set, but haven't liked the rack very much. I play out alot and don't like lugging the rack everywhere I go.

I have been thinking about trying to replace it for a while and was wondering if a rack built out of pvc pipe would be sturdy enough.

On a different subject,
    Has anybody heard of a multipad midi drum controller similar to drumkat? I read that they went out of business a couple of years ago, and haven't been able to find one anywhere. The spd-20 would work except that I don't need sounds built in.

Any suggestions or ideas would be welcome.

Thanks
    raffy85

I don't think a rack from pvc will be strong enough. Also realize that you need to buy factory-made clamps and hardware anyhow and since the're made of metal they will eat in the plastic.

The Roland Octapad II (PAD 80) was a fine controller with up to 3 notes at 1 pad (for playing chords) and no sounds in it. Perhaps you can find a used one.
    Robert

Comment

Drumkat out of buisiness? I don't think so. Jrcel would not let that happen . http://www.alternatemode.com Check at Speir music on Garland rd. in Garland, seems like I saw some Kat stuff there.

If its the weight of the rack go with aluminum. I believe both Hart and Pintech sell aluminum racks. If you have the cash, check the carbonlite racks. As Putt said, I don't think the pvc will hold up. Especially to repeated tear downs.

Comment

Thanks, I'll look at the other racks you talked about.

I had seen something on drumtech's website that said drumkat was out of business, but I guess they were wrong.

Thanks again you guys!!

Comment

Working...
        X