Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find patch listings of all the sounds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find patch listings of all the sounds...

...on TD modules?
    I have an SPD-20, with three external Techstar pads hooked up to it, so I can go Peart-style on my acoustic kit. I also have four additional Techstar pads behind me (to see what I'm talking about: http://www.geocities.com/kuzinrob/kit.html )

I just want to get like a TD-5 or 7 to accomodate the additional four, possibly a few more if I get more Techstars...

I'd be using it for more than just regular drum sounds, but also for like African drums and other melodic drums (like Rush stuff).

Any ideas? Comments? Yes? No? Maybe?
    substrike.com for a better tomorrow - today!
    My Drums
    Tama Rockstar Acoustics, Zildjian and Wuhan Cymbals, Roland SPD-20, Roland PM-16, Akai S2000 w/Iomega 250 SCSI Zip, 2 Pintech Silentech Pads (one single zone, one dual zone), Kat F.A.T. Pedal, Pintech K3, Simmons pads.

Gar Samuelson???? are you serious?

Ok, anyway...
    I'm not sure there is a place where you can get the patch listings for all the drum sounds in a specific module, I may be wrong. I'm actually not sure that you can still buy the old TD-5 (maybe used?), didn't they discontinue that?

I guess maybe a better question might be which of the modules have the best atypical percussion sounds. Now I'm not positive, but I think your SPD-20 might have the best sounds for what you're looking for. I had always heard that the SPD-20 was supposed to have great ethnic-type drum sounds.

Have you thought of going the sampler route, and getting one of those CDs that has those different percussion sounds?

~BIN

Comment

Originally posted by BINARY:
      Gar Samuelson???? are you serious?
      Yes, quite serious, Gar was Megadeth's best in my opinion.

Ok, anyway...
      I'm not sure there is a place where you can get the patch listings for all the drum sounds in a specific module, I may be wrong. I'm actually not sure that you can still buy the old TD-5 (maybe used?), didn't they discontinue that?
      I see a lot of them on eBay for between $125 and $250. And the TD-7 I know they just came out with a Turbo module or something.

I guess maybe a better question might be which of the modules have the best atypical percussion sounds. Now I'm not positive, but I think your SPD-20 might have the best sounds for what you're looking for. I had always heard that the SPD-20 was supposed to have great ethnic-type drum sounds.
      Yeah, the SPD certainly does it's job as far as having a 700-sound library. But, the four external inputs are already plugged up with a trigger pedal, and three drum pads. I could of course get another SPD-20 for my right side (facing forwards) and have electronic pads out the a...(nevermind...), and using the four externals on that to handle my additional drums. But I don't want to spend another fortune on it either.

Have you thought of going the sampler route, and getting one of those CDs that has those different percussion sounds?
      I'm brand new to MIDI and electronic drums. I'm not too much into samplers and/or sequencers or hooking my computer up to my drums or what have you.
      So I'm kind of a stranger on this board, but it's where I'm also getting a serious education in this field of drumming.

Thanks for the help though!

substrike.com for a better tomorrow - today!
      My Drums
      Tama Rockstar Acoustics, Zildjian and Wuhan Cymbals, Roland SPD-20, Roland PM-16, Akai S2000 w/Iomega 250 SCSI Zip, 2 Pintech Silentech Pads (one single zone, one dual zone), Kat F.A.T. Pedal, Pintech K3, Simmons pads.

Comment

I think the Roland SPD 20 is the best choise. Sampling all those sounds would be a hell of a job and then you'll still need a pair of decent drumpads and a pad > MIDI coverter. The SPD20 has it all in one box.
        Robert

Comment

Working...
        X