Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bass Drum Volume Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Drum Volume Problem

Why is all my pads volume at almost the minnimum and my KD-120 Bass Drum at the max and i still think that its not that loud compare to the rest of the kit.What can i do?Please help!!!

Originally posted by beatboy:
    Why is all my pads volume at almost the minnimum and my KD-120 Bass Drum at the max and i still think that its not that loud compare to the rest of the kit.What can i do?Please help!!!
    Check your mixer settings.

-

Comment

Man I wish someone would write a program to dump your kit settings to a text file. I started a spreadsheet so I could record all the setting of a couple of my best kits. One advantage would be finding obvious settings problems which would cause what beatboy mentions. It would also help with being consistant from kit to kit and would show patterns of things that work and don't work. I am losing interest in the spreadsheet cause it's such a pain documenting all those settings. Then there is maintenance to keep them current. This isn't the first time someone has brought it up. Is this a difficult thing to program? or is it just that those who can program have better things to do than help their old pal Boingo?

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Hey Beatboy,this is definitely an EQ problem.
        Try and set the bass drum's EQ individually.
        (refer to your manual if you have no idea what I'm talking about)

POSTNUKLEAR
        Nabil

Comment

Mixer Volume, EQ, Ambience, Effects, Compression - increase any/all these and your volume goes up. That's why two sets with the same Mixer Volume and Group Volume settings often have a difference in overall volume.

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
          X