Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried Hart 2 ply heads on Pintech shells???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried Hart 2 ply heads on Pintech shells???

It seems most people tend to agree the shells that the pintech drums are made with are pretty nice and the 1 I saw did seem nicer then what they used on the Alesis DM kit which uses Hart "shells" i guess you would call them. Anyways question is has anyone used the 2 ply Hart heads on Pintech shells and if so what were the results? Good or bad? There was a VPro with a kd80 in one of the Denver papers for 2600 with a dw double kick pedal and throne included yet I was 300 shy and the guy sold it before i finally got payed sigh!!!

I tried it but it doesnt work. The heads on the Hart pads are much deeper drawn and they do not tighten. The Pintech pads will work with Roland heads though.

Erik
    SEP

Comment

Did you try the 13" head on the pintech acoustech? That's the only head I'd like to replace, It just gives to much. Feels like a rubber band. I'd think it will work since it's a converted piccolo snare and not a custom made shell like the concertcast pads, but I can't be sure.

Comment

So you have already put Roland heads from a Vkit onto Pintech shells Sep? And if so did you then play them(with a roland module hopefully...) to see if the sounds and etc still worked just fine or you just know the Roland heads will fit onto a pintech shell but after that you have no clue if you will get wierd results like double triggering or no triggering at all etc...

Comment

Some of the older Pintech ConcertCast ST pads actually had dual ply heads, and I think they were Rolands. They were the ones with the small round Pintech logo on them. They are now all singly ply. I sent a dual ply to BTNKBNDT (a member here). He can probably add some insight to this.

I have not tried the 13" snare. I don't have either in stock right now to try. Bummer. It should work though since both are supposedly standard snare shells.

Erik
          SEP

Comment

Working...
          X