Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Anyone play the new 2 ply Acupads from Hart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone play the new 2 ply Acupads from Hart?

I was able to find an Alesis kit and the pads seemed to be like playing on a soft net or something but im told the newer 2 ply Hart heads are better. Anyone whos played these mind giving me some info? The newer Acupads feel solid when you hit them? Or do they give when you hit them like the fish net kind of 1 ply heads used on the Alesis Pro kit? Also do the new 2 ply Acupads have a lot less of a hotspot compared to Roland toms? The Vpro kit i played kind of sucked cause the hits at the center of the head were so unbelivably loud.

My acupad's have the 2-ply heads on them. They don't have that spongy, mushy feel. They seem very strong! I have no problems with them or any triggering problems.

Comment

I too have the 2-ply hart pads. They feel great and do not have any hot spots. Very happy with them. I am still working on dialing in my acusnare though, and also my bass drum will give me a spike of sort (all of a sudden I will get a loud sound) I have been playing with the settings to try to eliminate this, but I have had no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I tried a search on this topic but did not find any answers to this exact problem.

thanks
      Kurt
      Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

I haven't had any trouble with my acusnare or bass drum. Make sure you have the Sensitivity and the gain set correctly. Also, on your TD8 for your snare, make sure it is set for 12A.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I tried changing all the appropriate parameters with little luck. Then I tried a new cord and problem solved.

Kurt
          Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Working...
          X